"Sick Privilege (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:41:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Sick Privilege (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Sick Privilege  (Read 7327 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« on: January 24, 2015, 08:22:08 PM »

No. Even if it makes no logical sense, they still may have religious reasons for it, and confiscating the kids because of that would interfere with Freedom of Religion. I understand a government that isn't all-powerful is a foreign concept to this forum, but people still have their rights. Children aren't the property of muh guvment, and this very idea that they can force parents to put something in their kid's bodies is sickening.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 08:47:44 PM »

No. Even if it makes no logical sense, they still may have religious reasons for it, and confiscating the kids because of that would interfere with Freedom of Religion. I understand a government that isn't all-powerful is a foreign concept to this forum, but people still have their rights. Children aren't the property of muh guvment, and this very idea that they can force parents to put something in their kid's bodies is sickening.

So you're okay with a measles outbreak in America in 2015 because "Muh freedoms, I don't want no vaccinations givin' muh kids the autism."

People who are that stupid shouldn't have the right to reproduce.

Not out of TEH AUTISM but out of religious freedom. Children are INKSing people too not assets. If parents were sensible, then they would. It's like The Draft. Maybe have the kids decide too. As for smilo, no, parents and the child should decide, but ultimately for the child. The government, no matter what you say, has no place in family matters. If you guys don't want them in people's bedrooms, then keep them out of living rooms, too.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 11:48:14 PM »

No. Even if it makes no logical sense, they still may have religious reasons for it, and confiscating the kids because of that would interfere with Freedom of Religion.

Why should I care? Parents should have far less individual agency over children than they do now. We cannot afford to see suffering and disease like this because someone's sky fairy tells them that modern medicine is a Satanic plot.

THE GREATER GOOD! That's all I'm hearing from you right now. Parents should have all agency over their kids.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 11:54:02 PM »

So you're okay with a measles outbreak in America in 2015 because "Muh freedoms, I don't want no vaccinations givin' muh kids the autism."

People who are that stupid shouldn't have the right to reproduce.

Not out of TEH AUTISM but out of religious freedom. Children are INKSing people too not assets. If parents were sensible, then they would. It's like The Draft. Maybe have the kids decide too. As for smilo, no, parents and the child should decide, but ultimately for the child. The government, no matter what you say, has no place in family matters. If you guys don't want them in people's bedrooms, then keep them out of living rooms, too.

This is blatantly insane.  I can understand the religious exemption for vaccines.  But, for cancer treatment?  Insane.  Sure, maybe there are cases where chemo is useless because you're too far gone.  But, there are plenty of cases of cancer where radiation plus chemo = 99% chance to survive and no treatment means death.  Not providing care to a child in that situation is neglect.  

You don't just let parents kill their children by neglect, even if that neglect is because of the parent's sincere beliefs.  Would you also allow parents to starve their children?  To kill them because they think God said so?  Parental rights are important sure.  But, you can just let people abuse or neglect their children.  

Personally, I don't think we should necessarily force parents to vaccinate.  Forcing people to do anything is difficult and problematic.  Maybe you can just hit parents with a fine if they refuse to vaccinate their kids.

That at least seems like a good compromise. It shows the importance while not treating a family bond like a disposable object
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 01:24:32 PM »

I can't believe there would come a day that I agree with Antonio
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 05:15:28 PM »

I'm going with someone's idea. Sure fine them, but don't take them. That seems a bit extreme
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies