DNC “Unity Commission” to look at reforms to nomination process for 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:14:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  DNC “Unity Commission” to look at reforms to nomination process for 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DNC “Unity Commission” to look at reforms to nomination process for 2020  (Read 10628 times)
McGovernForPrez

« on: May 11, 2017, 10:12:45 PM »

Holy ShI*. This one Clinton delegate kept sh**t*ing on Carter. "Failed Presidency", "Had no idea what he is doing" , "Made Dems lose states & Senate", "Bad candidate" "Chaos" etc etc!

We have no such comments for Obama who is a total failed President under whom Democrats lost everything. Guess there is real heat between Clinton people & Carter - More so people because Clinton is a hawk who voted to kill millions in Iraq & Carter is a human rights advocate who had the most peaceful of any Presidencies !
Listen I love Jimmy, but he's universally considered to have been a weak president. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time with the oil crisis though and that basically screwed him. It's interesting that he voted for Sanders because Jimmy himself was a fairly outsider candidate back in his day.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 08:05:56 AM »

The Unity Commission will be tackling the subject of open primaries this weekend:
<snipped image>
It was thought that they might tackle the superdelegate issue, but looks like that'll be saved for one of their later meetings.

Interesting. I really expected open primaries to be one of the harder issues to resolve - though I suppose that superdels hits closer to home for the Clinton members of the commission Tongue.
I don't get why there isn't just an open primary for everything. The way the U.S. party system is structured, the more fluid a party's platform is the better. Two party systems are only viable here so all the coalition building is done during the primaries. By ignoring certain parts of the electorate the party is less incentivized to evolve its platform.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies