Election For President Commentary And Question Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:38:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Election For President Commentary And Question Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election For President Commentary And Question Thread  (Read 585 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: September 10, 2015, 01:08:08 PM »

I don't have an answer to your question, but I do just want to pop in and say I'm grateful for the support I'm getting. I don't want to campaign for the job, and if elected I plan to hopefully set the precedent of presidents becoming politically independent during their tenure. It's a ceremonial and symbolic role, and as the first elected president I understand the importance of trying to unite the country at this delicate stage.

That being said, the president does have some soft power to exert, and if elected I plan to tour the country to get a better sense of the issues facing South Americans. We have a brief history that has framed the launch of our first election and government, but I would like to facilitate a cooperative process wherein citizens and legislators continue the work of building a national identity. This should help crystallize some of our values and goals as well.

On the world stage, too, I would work closely with the government to promote peace and friendship with potential allies. I believe strongly in the idea of positive relations with Atlasia, for example. I admit to being a critic of that nation's government in the past, but I know our two states have much more in common than not. What is more, the collaborative aspect of working with a changing, sovereign state on "real" foreign affairs has a wealth of potential for politicos in both of our countries.

In general, I do not plan on ruffling feathers. I'd like to make a good go of this job and hopefully set a positive example for subsequent presidents to follow.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies