TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:43:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For In a Matchup
Phil Bredesen (D)
Marsha Blackburn (R)
The Libertarian
Other
Undecided
Abstain
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi  (Read 93611 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: October 17, 2017, 09:18:12 AM »

I want to see a Bredesen vs. Blackburn poll before I move it from safe R to likely or leans. I think some people might be discounting Bredesen too soon--after all, Democrats hold two Senate seats right now in states to the right of Tennessee. Not expecting him to win of course; just not ceding the possibility he'd start out well ahead of Blackburn.

He left office with a 72% approval rating. Some people have brought up Linda Lingle or Ted Strickland. They both left office unpopular.

Yeah, the Strickland comparison is really weird. Strickland lost his reelection bid while Bredesen in his last election literally won every single county. Not that it would guarantee him a win or anything but he seems like a stronger candidate than Strickland.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 03:56:46 AM »

I don't think it's that strange tbh. There haven't been great opportunities to run before since you had fairly moderate strong incumbents in place. In addition, if he didn't want to run in 2008, neither 2012 nor 2014 would have seemed like very good years to run as a Democrat in Tennessee.

Now you have an open seat, unpopular GOP president, wingnut GOP candidate. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies