Barbara Boxer to run for re-election in 2010 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:19:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Barbara Boxer to run for re-election in 2010 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Barbara Boxer to run for re-election in 2010  (Read 6588 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 13, 2007, 11:41:38 AM »

Man...CSPAN Senate coverage ratings would shoot through the roof if Arnold won that matchup.

"I am eeen support for dees billl, to build robots made of human skin over metal endoskeleton...

"The Gentleman's time has Expired"

"AISLE SHOW YOU WHOSE TIME HAS BEEN EXPIRED"

(arnold proceeds to terminate the chair)

LOL!!!!!!! ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 05:27:58 PM »

Arnold's not going to win. Boxer wins easily, *yawn*

I don' think so. Arnold's supposed bipartisanship makes him a popular figure around here. I will admit that Boxer is likely to win, but I can guarentee you that Arnold will make this a tough race. As usual, I will be voting for the guy with the (L) next to his name.

Why not vote Arnold, A vote for Arnold will be taking the power out of the hands of the Christian right and help putting the Republican party back on a moderate course.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 07:56:44 AM »

Arnold's not going to win. Boxer wins easily, *yawn*

I don' think so. Arnold's supposed bipartisanship makes him a popular figure around here. I will admit that Boxer is likely to win, but I can guarentee you that Arnold will make this a tough race. As usual, I will be voting for the guy with the (L) next to his name.

Why not vote Arnold, A vote for Arnold will be taking the power out of the hands of the Christian right and help putting the Republican party back on a moderate course.

A vote for Aronold would do the exact opposite of that.  Voting one moderate GOP Senator into office would put the 40 or so hard-right Republicans in the Senate back into power thus bringing their extremist policies back up for consideration.

It would give the moderates in party a little more power.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 12:09:35 PM »

Hopefully Arnie runs, I'd put my money on Boxer winning re-election, but atleast he could give her a run for her money.  I know he isn't overly popular in California, but hey, he'll be leaving office by than anyways, so why not give it a last shot.

Arnie looks like he is fairly popular, So maybe an upset is waiting in the wings?
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 05:44:44 PM »

I like Arnold a lot, and would have voted for him as he was the more moderate Democrat running in last years Gubernatorial Election....

Arnold is not a moderate Democrat. His fiscal policies are hard right-wing. He only pretends to care about the environment when it doesn't involve any new spending. He probably has a political compass score of about Economic: +7, Social: 0.

He railed against the "special interests", which are appearantly union money but not corporate money.

Arnold called the party of FDR "economic girlie-men". He took office with a huge deficit, and promptly made that $4 billion larger by cutting taxes by $4 billion (the car tax). He massively cut college and public transit funding, even though each dollar cut from those hurt the economy by $4 and $8 respectively.

No, Arnold is only seen as a moderate because the media elite sold him as a moderate. Being a pro-choice Republican doesn't mean that you aren't crazy.

Then Boxer must be an insane liberal then! 
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 07:03:42 PM »

No Arnold is not popular. He just lucked out getting an opponent with the charisma of a flat tire.

That must also explain why Casey never got to the Senate.

Casey was only that bad of a candidate in the eyes of die-hard extreme Casey haters like yourself and Walter. I remember you guys insisting that during the MTP debate Casey would do so horribly he would make Bush at the first debate look like a master debator and Santorum would inevitably gain a few points. Casey also didn't have a primary opponent that ripped the hell of him.

Arnold is certainly not more popular than Bill Weld or Tony Knowles, that's for sure.

However California is closer to the center then ether AK,Or MA, So Arold would most likely have easier a time getting elected then ether Bill Weld or Tony Knowles.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies