🇳🇱 Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: General Election (Nov 22) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:04:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇳🇱 Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: General Election (Nov 22) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇳🇱 Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: General Election (Nov 22)  (Read 64661 times)
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« on: November 02, 2023, 05:12:04 PM »

The Kieskompas, which uses a two-dimensional model and places you within it instead of comparing your % of agreement with parties, has now also been launched. The parties motivate their positions with at least one, but sometimes also multiple sources. Filling out your e-mail isn't mandatory, just don't do it. Enjoy.

Just a hair to the right of Volt and a bit above D66, which seems about right. I did try to tune my answers on economics to where the Netherlands is now, so in other contexts I'd probably be more left-of-center economically. I'd probably vote for Volt unless they seemed like a lost cause for hitting the threshold (which they don't).
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 03:26:18 PM »

Remarkable that the CDA was once the "natural governing party" of the Netherlands. Now they are down to THREE PERCENT of the national popular vote.

"Once" just ~15 years ago, too.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 05:14:44 PM »

Calvinist hellhole (Urk)
SGP 48.3% (-6.2)
PVV 25.8% (+12)
NSC 6.0% (new)
BBB 5.0% (+4.9)
CU 4.1% (-4)
CDA 3.7% (-4.1)
FvD 3.7% (-5.9)
VVD 0.9% (-0.8 )
GL-PvdA 0.7% (+0.2)

First time SGP under 50% here?

slow die-off of people, SGP are mostly people who vote for that their entire life.

I'm not sure whether the fun fact that the SGP is the party with the largest youth wing is still true (I distinctly recall that it was at the time of the 2012 election), but in general in the First World, in countries which have these hyper-Protestant subcultures, they're virtually always growing through differential fertility rates. SGP had an extra seat among the 18-35 demographic, in spite of obviously losing a substantial fraction of their normal base to the PVV surge.

I agree but I also think the young voters born into SGP families are more likely to vote for "mainstream" far-right parties than their parents such that SGP's future could still be limited.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies