Will/Should Trump change his VP for the 2020 campaign? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:57:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Will/Should Trump change his VP for the 2020 campaign? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will/Should Trump change his VP for the 2020 campaign?  (Read 994 times)
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« on: August 10, 2018, 11:49:57 AM »

Actually that is a possibility I had never thought about.  Pence will have to go quietly though. It would have to depend on polling though.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 11:51:30 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2018, 11:58:42 AM by Arkansas Yankee »

If he could get a moderate Democrat or independent to run with him (doubtful), I would consider that an electoral improvement. It could screw him in the long-term, though, as Democrats would have less reason against impeachment.

Otherwise, he can't risk abandoning the Republicans who prefer Pence. There's no realistic Republican choice that will pick up enough votes to replace the support he'd lose by betraying Pence.

You may impeach.  Unless there is some smoking gun you will never convict.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 11:57:43 AM »

I've been wondering recently if Trump switching out Pence with someone new and more fit for 2020 might be a good idea. Pence was picked in 2016 to bridge the gap between wary traditional Republicans and to balance Trump's lack of political experience. I don't think either of these things are going to be major obstacles for Trump in 2020. Would picking someone to try and counter the Democrat or boost performance in a swing state be a good idea?

Who do you think would be the best VP switchout?
Rand Paul. Appeal to millenials and more minorities.

With Trump nothing is impossible.  If the left wingers keep attacking him physically and Democrat politicians keeping joking about the attack’s, he will become a rightist hero.  It still would be a stretch.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies