Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:21:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 392675 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2010, 03:20:24 PM »

Well seeing as how you are the only nominee, I suppose we can declare you the Speaker by acclamation.

Unless you would prefer to hold a formal vote?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2010, 03:41:03 PM »

Ah, I didn't see any constitutional provision regarding how the speaker must be chosen, but you are the veteran at this.

Members of the Assembly, you shall have 24 hours to indicate your preference for Speaker of the Assembly. The vote may also be concluded when all Representatives have voted.

Official Ballot for Speaker of the Northeast Assembly:

[ ] cinyc
[ ] Write-in:______
[ ] NOTA
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2010, 03:44:57 PM »

Official Ballot for Speaker of the Northeast Assembly:

[X] cinyc
[ ] Write-in:______
[ ] NOTA

Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2010, 04:45:39 PM »

As it has been over 24 hours, cinyc has been elected Speaker by the six active members of the Assembly.

Congratulations to the returning Speaker of the Assembly, cinyc. Smiley
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2010, 07:26:41 PM »

As the sponsor has requested it, the debate period will be shortened by 12 hours. After that, the Assembly can vote on the proposed amendments.

Thanking Resolution

Northeast Assembly is hereby thanking Governor AndrewCT for his longtime and distinguished service for our region and the people.

Sponsor: Rep. Kalwejt

The question is whether the bill should be considered?

The ayes have it.

Debate on this bill will continue until at least 9:05 AM Eastern on Monday, March 1, 2010, unless the debate period is extended or shortened in accordance with the SOAP.

Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2010, 09:05:29 AM »
« Edited: March 01, 2010, 09:09:12 AM by Lt. Gov and Rep. Libertas »

Alright, initial debate time is over. Now voting shall commence on the following amendments proposed by Rep. Segway:

Thanking Resolution

Northeast Assembly is hereby thanking Governor FallenMorgan for saving the region from total destruction at the hands of his predecessor.

Thanking Resolution

Northeast Assembly is hereby thanking Lt. Governor Libertas for working extra hard in two branches of government to represent what the people of the region have asked for rather than backing down to the loud and obnoxious opposition.

Thanking Resolution

Northeast Assembly is hereby thanking Antonio V for getting the hell out of here.

Voting on this bill will remain open until at least 9:05 AM Eastern on Tuesday, March 2, 2010.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2010, 09:31:01 AM »

The Amendments have been defeated.

1. 1-4 Nay
2. 1-4 Nay
3. 1-3 Nay
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2010, 09:35:01 AM »

Voting shall now take place on the final resolution. The voting will be open for 36 hours, or until all Assemblypeople have voted.

Thanking Resolution

Northeast Assembly is hereby thanking Governor AndrewCT for his longtime and distinguished service for our region and the people.

Voting on this bill will be until at least 9:30 PM Eastern on Wednesday, March 3, 2010, unless all Representatives shall have voted or expressly abstained before that time.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2010, 07:17:26 AM »

It is the Lt. Governor's job to update the wiki.

I really hope new Lt. Governor will do something about the wiki.

I can't do anything until I am provided with an account so I can actually edit the Wiki, something that has not been provided despite numerous e-mails and PMs politely requesting this from Dave Leip.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2010, 12:55:45 AM »

Abstain
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2010, 12:58:01 AM »

By a vote of 5-1, with 1 expressed abstention, this legislation passes.

Thanking Resolution

The next piece of legislation will be brought forth some time during the day to get this on a more workable schedule.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2010, 11:55:19 AM »

Since my own status is tied up in the courts at present, I'm going to skip my bill for now so we can keep the Assembly moving.

Here is what is now up for consideration:

Lt. Governor Vacancy Amendment

1. Article IV, Section viii of the New Northeast Constitution shall be amended and replaced by the following:

If the office of Governor is to become vacant at some point while he or she is in office, then the Lieutenant Governor is to be immediately sworn in as Governor of the Northeast Region.  If the office of Lieutenant Governor is to become vacant at some point while he or she is in office , than the Governor may appoint a new one after the recommendation of the Legislative Assembly of the Northeast Region at any time more than two weeks before the next scheduled gubernatorial election, an election shall be held to replace the fill the vacancy.  The Chief Judicial Officer of the Northeast Region will open the booth for such election on the second Friday after such vacancy occurs at 12:00:00am Eastern Standard Time, and will close said both on the following Sunday at 11:59:59pm Eastern Standard Time. Every citizen will be given the opportunity to vote during this time.  Candidates for Lieutenant Governor will be given until the second Wednesday after such vacancy occurs  to announce his or her candidacy.

2. Article IV, Section xiii of the New Northeast Constitution shall be amended and replaced by the following:

The Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast Region shall be charged with the responsibilities of the Legislative Assembly of the region. He or she shall ensure that the Legislative Assembly has the ability to propose legislation that they are able to be debated on, and voted on during appropriate periods. In the temporary absence of the Lieutenant Governor, than the Governor the Speaker of the Northeast Assembly may take up these responsibilities.

3. Article IV, Section xiv of the New Northeast Constitution shall be deleted and replaced as follows:

xiv)(a) The Governor may publicly declare his absence, thereby allowing the Lieutenant Governor to temporarily conduct the duties of the office, under the title of Acting Governor of Northeast.

b) If the Governor does not perform his or her official duties for a period longer then 7 days,  the Lieutenant Governor shall automatically temporarily conduct the duties of the Governor's office.  Official duties include signing or vetoing bills after being publicly notified of their passage in the Northeast Assembly.  

c) If Governor is inactive on the Atlas Forum for 21 days, the Lieutenant Governor shall automatically temporary conduct the duties of the Governor's office.

d) The Governor shall resume the powers and duties of the office by publicly declaring he is present and able to resume the powers and duties of his office.

e) The Speaker of the Northeast Assembly shall never be allowed to temporarily conduct the duties of the Governor if acting in the temporary absence of the Lieutenant Governor pursuant to Article IV, Section xiii) of this Constitution.

Sponsor: cinyc

The ayes have it.

Debate on this bill will continue until at least 12:00PM Eastern on Saturday, March 6, 2010, unless the debate period is extended or shortened in accordance with the SOAP.

Note that because this bill is a proposed constitutional amendment, a mere majority vote will not be sufficient to pass.

The Sponsor, Representative cinyc, has the floor.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2010, 02:30:38 PM »

Very well, the Lt. Governor Vacancy Amendment will be tabled for the time being.

Moving on then:

Fair Voting Requirements Act

1. Voters removed by the HAEV will still be eligible to vote in regional elections.

2. Federal voting and office holding restrictions shall not apply at the regional level.

Sponsor: segwaystyle2012

The ayes have it.

Debate on this bill will continue until at least 2:30PM Eastern on Saturday, March 6, 2010, unless the debate period is extended or shortened in accordance with the SOAP.

The Sponsor, Representative segwaystyle2012, has the floor.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2010, 11:19:50 AM »

I'm going to be in transit today, and I'm not sure when I'll be on later.

I would thus like to ask for a leave of absence for today and tomorrow, and to ask if the Speaker would be willing to perform my duties during this time.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2010, 06:15:44 PM »

Teachers' Unions Exposed

HERE

And the other unions are just as bad, of course.

Do they use a black choopers too?

What the hell is a "black chooper"? Huh
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2010, 04:27:50 PM »

Rep. segwaystyle, do you deem Rep. cinyc's amendments friendly?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2010, 04:37:44 PM »

Alright, we'll hold a vote now for this amendment, specifically on the red clause:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Voting shall be open until 5:30 on Tuesday, March 15, 2010 , or until all representatives have voted.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2010, 04:38:35 PM »

Alright, the Amendment fails unanimously with one abstention.

Now to vote on the final bill:

Voting shall be open until 5:30 on Thursday, March 18, 2010, or until all representatives have voted.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2010, 06:01:52 PM »

By a vote of 6-1, the bill PASSES.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2010, 06:08:59 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2010, 06:14:23 PM by Sargent Shriver »

Next up:

Sponsor:
Rep. segwaystyle 2012

The ayes have it.

Debate on this bill will continue until at least 7:15PM Eastern on Saturday, March 20, 2010, unless the debate period is extended or shortened in accordance with the SOAP.

The Sponsor, Representative segwaystyle2012, has the floor.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2010, 06:23:51 PM »

Alright, with the amendment deemed friendly, going to open up the amended bill for a vote now:

Voting on this bill will continue until at least 7:30PM Eastern on Monday, March 22, 2010, or until all Representatives have voted.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2010, 02:07:43 AM »

I'm so happy we have regional governments and all the good they provide.

We are in the middle of a vote here. Begone troll.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2010, 11:09:44 PM »

By a vote of 4-2, the Self Defense Act PASSES.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2010, 07:44:54 PM »

I would gladly update the Wiki myself if Dave Leip would ever get back to me...
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2010, 06:43:03 PM »

As my posting is currently subject to the hit-or-miss nature of moderator review, I would like to make my leave of absence here official so that Speaker cinyc can continue to do the great job that he's been doing in keeping the Assembly moving forward and in order, until further notice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies