"At least 40 to 50%" of North Koreans addicted to meth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:18:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  "At least 40 to 50%" of North Koreans addicted to meth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "At least 40 to 50%" of North Koreans addicted to meth  (Read 2537 times)
HansOslo
Rookie
« on: August 22, 2013, 09:00:18 AM »

I read this book “Methland», about the use of the drug in the deindustrialized Midwest. A lot of the people who used it did it to be able to work long shifts (they had to work a lot, because the hourly wages were so low). That may be the case for North Korea as well. If you have to toil long hours in the field without proper nourishment then meth will of course look like a good deal. 
HansOslo
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 10:29:14 AM »

I read this book “Methland», about the use of the drug in the deindustrialized Midwest. A lot of the people who used it did it to be able to work long shifts (they had to work a lot, because the hourly wages were so low). That may be the case for North Korea as well. If you have to toil long hours in the field without proper nourishment then meth will of course look like a good deal. 

Damn, whatever happened to Red Bull?

I'm not sure, because I would assume they also sell it in rural Iowa and Illinois. It might be a bit trickier to get in North Koreah though.
HansOslo
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 12:21:34 PM »

At least in North Korea.
HansOslo
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 05:39:06 AM »

Indeed. They apparently gave it to German soldiers on the Eastern Front during the Second World War. I think that was before they really knew about the more horrific side effects of the drug.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies