Ideologies don't die. Progressivism and conservatism are hear to stay forever.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:57:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Ideologies don't die. Progressivism and conservatism are hear to stay forever.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ideologies don't die. Progressivism and conservatism are hear to stay forever.  (Read 1906 times)
Yellowhammer
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2019, 10:42:57 AM »

Was feudalism here forever? Divine right? Communism?

I was gonna say, can somebody introduce me to a Medievalist who wants a hereditary absolute monarchy and thinks the modern world economy should be organized around lords and manors. 

Communists and enlightenment style classical liberals are also pretty much gone and have no impact on mass society.

These are unfortunately very much still politically active

Here I am. There aren't nearly enough of us.
Medal506
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2019, 10:40:56 PM »

Stop saying that conservatism is on it's way out----hardcore social conservatism--yes No. But they are some people who still may have socially conservative views on some issues (abortion, family structure) and those people include white people, black people, Latino people.

Conservatism will be reinvented or remade to appeal to future generations---economically. You can't spend your way to prosperity---you can't be a drunken sailor---but you also must have respect for a nation's laws and borders.

Stop saying that progressivism is on it's way out--the hard core S.J.W. liberalism and a mix of hardcore economic progressivism yes--people want to be successful, they don't want to be government dependent.

Tackling income inequality and real racial disparities will be what brings progressivism into American mainstream.

Neither ideology is going anywhere. Period.

But racial balkanization will increase sadly.

I don't think you're correct about "hardcore" conservatism being dead as that's way to broad of a statement to make. It's considered by some to be hardcore social conservatism to reject gender identity in favor of science. I don't think people are going even further backwards than they already are.

Being anti-LGBT is certainly on it's way out, but other social issues like abortion will likely remain contentious for quite some time.

Also, since when do conservatives care about science Huh

Being anti Semitic never went out of fashion and neither will being anti LGBT
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies