Fighting for Franklin: Blair 4 Senate (Press Release)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:50:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fighting for Franklin: Blair 4 Senate (Press Release)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fighting for Franklin: Blair 4 Senate (Press Release)  (Read 1838 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 31, 2016, 12:35:14 PM »
« edited: June 03, 2016, 03:08:19 PM by Senator Blair »

'Friends it feels like I've been here so many times before- you've trusted me to be an Assembly member, Senator, Speaker and Governor. But now it's time to walk into the bright light of a new Atlasia. This is an exciting time for all of us, but we need an experienced and steady hand to make sure that the new Atlasia has a stable, and strong foundation. The people of the Northeast and surrounding regions know that they can trust me to govern. As Governor of the Northeast I cut taxes, balanced the budget and lowered unemployment.

It's clear that we need a Senate is prepared to take a lead on the big issues facing the new, and blank Atlasians. We need to ensure that all Atlasians have access to affordable healthcare-whether that is through a universal system or single payer. But most importantly we need to work across the isle to achieve these reforms- as Senator for Franklin I'll work with the federalists who'll likely be joining me in the Senate to achieve these big reforms.

However I've always been a proud progressive, and will never back away from these positions. We need active, determined and passionate players in the Senate. I'll make the same pitch I made when I ran for both Governor and Senator- you might disagree with my views, with my politics but you can trust me to represent our glorious region. Let's be bold friends, and walk into the light of a new Atlasia.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 01:26:03 PM »

ENDORSED!
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 01:45:37 PM »

Endorsed! Yeah Blair!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 01:51:20 PM »

Endorsed! (Although I won't be able to vote for you)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 02:26:00 PM »

Endorsed completely.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 04:29:57 PM »

Of course endorsed!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 01:27:56 PM »

Endorsed!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 07:39:10 AM »

I endorse Blair for Senate.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 09:56:04 AM »

I'd like to thank everyone for the endorsements; as always it's great to be endorsed across party lines.

I'd also like to welcome both Evergreen, and Enduro to the campaign
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 03:08:05 PM »

Press Release from the Blair Campaign

Senator Blair has always supported the rights of women across Atlasia. Whether it's passing an expansion in HIV/AID's coverage that helped woman with HIV, helping to raise the issue of heroin addiction in the Northeast or decreasing unemployment to help Atlasian families it's clear that he's always taken positive steps to help all in Atlasia.

This strongly contrasts with the record of GM Enduro who's claimed today that he'll 'As little as possible, at least as long as I'm in the senate'. This is a shocking admission from someone who is going to represent the entire North region in the Senate. Senator Blair fought hard for regional issues, and will always promote the right of regions to be the leading voice for empowerment but some issues are simply national- namely ensuring that essential services such as HIV/AID's drugs, anti-rape services or a crime bill to clamp down on domestic abuse.

It's clear that Senator Blair is the candidate who can ensure that we get real change in the Senate, and not just more of the same.  

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 11:14:16 PM »

Senator Blair has always supported the rights of women across Atlasia. Whether it's passing an expansion in HIV/AID's coverage that helped woman with HIV, helping to raise the issue of heroin addiction in the Northeast or decreasing unemployment to help Atlasian families it's clear that he's always taken positive steps to help all in Atlasia.

This strongly contrasts with the record of GM Enduro who's claimed today that he'll 'As little as possible, at least as long as I'm in the senate'. This is a shocking admission from someone who is going to represent the entire North region in the Senate. Senator Blair fought hard for regional issues, and will always promote the right of regions to be the leading voice for empowerment but some issues are simply national- namely ensuring that essential services such as HIV/AID's drugs, anti-rape services or a crime bill to clamp down on domestic abuse.

It's clear that Senator Blair is the candidate who can ensure that we get real change in the Senate, and not just more of the same.  

Senator Blair,

I appreciate everything you do for the region, and this nation. I know you truly care for it. In your press release, you revealed that you want to give increased access to AIDS drugs, and HIV drugs; you also said you wanted to improve the anti-rape services, and introduce a bill to combat domestic abuse. Am I correct in assuming this?

If so, than I say this: helping others is a good cause, and I applaud you for it. I've said this many times, and will continue to, but I'm willing to compromise. Even though I think these issues are better left up to the regions where more choice is involved. I'm completely willing to support some of these programs, if we can agree upon the right text.

This also comes with a challenge; are you willing to start a charity with me dedicated to helping those affected by sexual harrassment? Funded by the completely willing donations of kind hearted people, of course.

The last thing this letter addresses is the half truth you said about me. Your campaign statement included a quote from me that, while I did say it, was misconstrued to make me look heartless. I expected you to attack me, but I didn't expect the attacks be designed to distort the truth. You made me seem to not care about the problems thousands face, and seem to be admiting to being an inactive senator, but the quote, when including the rest of it, clearly states that it is my belief that the problem is better solved at the regional level.

That is all, and I eagerly await your response about the charity. Wish you the best in the upcoming election.

GM Enduro
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 05:45:56 PM »

Senator Blair,

I appreciate everything you do for the region, and this nation. I know you truly care for it. In your press release, you revealed that you want to give increased access to AIDS drugs, and HIV drugs; you also said you wanted to improve the anti-rape services, and introduce a bill to combat domestic abuse. Am I correct in assuming this?

If so, than I say this: helping others is a good cause, and I applaud you for it. I've said this many times, and will continue to, but I'm willing to compromise. Even though I think these issues are better left up to the regions where more choice is involved. I'm completely willing to support some of these programs, if we can agree upon the right text.

This also comes with a challenge; are you willing to start a charity with me dedicated to helping those affected by sexual harrassment? Funded by the completely willing donations of kind hearted people, of course.

The last thing this letter addresses is the half truth you said about me. Your campaign statement included a quote from me that, while I did say it, was misconstrued to make me look heartless. I expected you to attack me, but I didn't expect the attacks be designed to distort the truth. You made me seem to not care about the problems thousands face, and seem to be admiting to being an inactive senator, but the quote, when including the rest of it, clearly states that it is my belief that the problem is better solved at the regional level.

That is all, and I eagerly await your response about the charity. Wish you the best in the upcoming election.

GM Enduro

I'm more than happy to set up a charity

I'm not distorting the quote at all- you said that the you'd do as little as possible whilst also saying that if people (specifically women)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You're telling women (and the example Angrie pointed out what a raped woman) that if she wants emergency contraception she should either move out the country or deal with it. That's frankly not how government should work. We shouldn't be telling rape victims to move, or deal with it. The purpose of the Federal Government is to pool resources, and tackle issues that the Regions cannot tackle alone We need national standards on healthcare, we need national standards on air pollution. We can't just sit back and throw it to the regions on issues that transcend the regions.

I didn't distort the truth with the quote- it speaks for itself. Now this will be seen as a campaign attack, but it's not. Atlasia doesn't work if people can say whatever they want, and put forward weak policy ideas without being challenged.

It all comes back to the big dividing line in this campaign- I've served in regional Government and the Federal Government, I know that the two governments work in tandem. I've fought for healthcare rights in the regional and Federal Government whilst you've told people that if they're upset with their plan they should move or get over it. You've said that education should be privatized. These are clear dividing lines
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 06:14:37 PM »

Senator Blair,

GM Enduro

I'm more than happy to set up a charity

I'm not distorting the quote at all- you said that the you'd do as little as possible whilst also saying that if people (specifically women)

You're telling women (and the example Angrie pointed out what a raped woman) that if she wants emergency contraception she should either move out the country or deal with it. That's frankly not how government should work. We shouldn't be telling rape victims to move, or deal with it. The purpose of the Federal Government is to pool resources, and tackle issues that the Regions cannot tackle alone We need national standards on healthcare, we need national standards on air pollution. We can't just sit back and throw it to the regions on issues that transcend the regions.

I didn't distort the truth with the quote- it speaks for itself. Now this will be seen as a campaign attack, but it's not. Atlasia doesn't work if people can say whatever they want, and put forward weak policy ideas without being challenged.

It all comes back to the big dividing line in this campaign- I've served in regional Government and the Federal Government, I know that the two governments work in tandem. I've fought for healthcare rights in the regional and Federal Government whilst you've told people that if they're upset with their plan they should move or get over it. You've said that education should be privatized. These are clear dividing lines

Glad to here about the charity, we should set it up after I leave the position of GM, so I can't effect the numbers.

Once again, you distort the truth to make me look heartless. Yes, I said that. No, I didn't tell women to deal with it or leave. I was saying that if we let the federal government deal with this situation, than women's choice will be limited to those two choices. For someone who is "pro-choice" you seem to want to limit it severely.

You clearly state that the regional governments need a centralized power to do things they can't. I happen to have more faith in the North region, and faith in people to make decisions for themselves without big government to hold their hands. We don't need a small group of people have a huge amount of power of a large group of people.

"Atlasia doesn't work if anyone can say what they want." I'll give you the chance to explain this quote, because I'm under the impression that freedom of speech is guaranteed under the constitution.

There is a dividing line, it's between big government, and the individuals. You'd like nothing more to centralize power to the fed, to take away choice, and therefore freedom. I want people to be able to choose for themselves.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 06:55:59 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2016, 07:01:37 PM by Senator Blair »

Once again, you distort the truth to make me look heartless.

No I'm not; the quote speaks for itself.

No, I didn't tell women to deal with it or leave. I was saying that if we let the federal government deal with this situation, than women's choice will be limited to those two choices. For someone who is "pro-choice" you seem to want to limit it severely.

What? If the federal government designate a public option including emergency contraceptives than the entire problem is solved. I don't understand what me being pro-choice has to do with it?

You clearly state that the regional governments need a centralized power to do things they can't.

Yes; I believe for example we need an Atlasian Military to keep the Northeast safe. As someone who ran the Northeast I know that we simply don't have the budget for our own armed forces (hence why I opposed independence last year)

I happen to have more faith in the North region, and faith in people to make decisions for themselves without big government to hold their hands. We don't need a small group of people have a huge amount of power of a large group of people.

As someone elected as Assemblymember, Speaker and Governor all from the North it certainly seems strange to attack me as not having faith in the North. As Truman, Dkrol and myself have said this isn't about 'Big v Small Government' it's about 'smart v reckless' government. With your proposal sell of   schooling you represent reckless government

"Atlasia doesn't work if anyone can say what they want." I'll give you the chance to explain this quote, because I'm under the impression that freedom of speech is guaranteed under the constitution.

What? You misquoted me. I wasn't talking about freedom of speech at all. I was referring to the fact that 'Atlasia doesn't work if anyone can say what they want... without being challenged''. If you put forward policy ideas that are ill informed you should be challenged.

There is a dividing line, it's between big government, and the individuals. You'd like nothing more to centralize power to the fed, to take away choice, and therefore freedom. I want people to be able to choose for themselves.

Yes, the person who served as Governor for the Northeast for two terms, who helped rebuild the Northeast economy using funds from the Northeast Budget, who passed healthcare reform to tackle Heroin addiction in the Northeast, who decreased unemployment in the Northeast and who brought the North back after a referendum clearly doesn't care about the North or it's people. You're accusing the wrong person of being a 'big government' monster under the bed considering I've served in regional Government for the majority of my career. Heck I cut taxes when I was Northeast Governor
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2016, 08:20:39 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2016, 08:57:44 PM by DKrol »

It seems I haven't endorsed you yet. This exchange with Enduro, the would be Senator rock, has only strengthened my support for you. Endorsed, completely.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2016, 08:24:21 PM »

It seems I haven't endorsed you yet. This exchange with Enduro, the would be Senator Rock, has only strengthened my support for you. Endorsed, completely.

As my name is L. L. Rock, if i were to hypothetically become a senator, I would be Senator Rock. Therefore, I request you decapitalize that r, for fear of my own safety and self-esteem. Thank you.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2016, 08:58:03 PM »

It seems I haven't endorsed you yet. This exchange with Enduro, the would be Senator Rock, has only strengthened my support for you. Endorsed, completely.

As my name is L. L. Rock, if i were to hypothetically become a senator, I would be Senator Rock. Therefore, I request you decapitalize that r, for fear of my own safety and self-esteem. Thank you.

Request happily obliged.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 09:11:13 AM »

Once again, you distort the truth to make me look heartless.

No I'm not; the quote speaks for itself.

No, I didn't tell women to deal with it or leave. I was saying that if we let the federal government deal with this situation, than women's choice will be limited to those two choices. For someone who is "pro-choice" you seem to want to limit it severely.

What? If the federal government designate a public option including emergency contraceptives than the entire problem is solved. I don't understand what me being pro-choice has to do with it?

You clearly state that the regional governments need a centralized power to do things they can't.

Yes; I believe for example we need an Atlasian Military to keep the Northeast safe. As someone who ran the Northeast I know that we simply don't have the budget for our own armed forces (hence why I opposed independence last year)

I happen to have more faith in the North region, and faith in people to make decisions for themselves without big government to hold their hands. We don't need a small group of people have a huge amount of power of a large group of people.

As someone elected as Assemblymember, Speaker and Governor all from the North it certainly seems strange to attack me as not having faith in the North. As Truman, Dkrol and myself have said this isn't about 'Big v Small Government' it's about 'smart v reckless' government. With your proposal sell of   schooling you represent reckless government

What? You misquoted me. I wasn't talking about freedom of speech at all. I was referring to the fact that 'Atlasia doesn't work if anyone can say what they want... without being challenged''. If you put forward policy ideas that are ill informed you should be challenged.

Yes, the person who served as Governor for the Northeast for two terms, who helped rebuild the Northeast economy using funds from the Northeast Budget, who passed healthcare reform to tackle Heroin addiction in the Northeast, who decreased unemployment in the Northeast and who brought the North back after a referendum clearly doesn't care about the North or it's people. You're accusing the wrong person of being a 'big government' monster under the bed considering I've served in regional Government for the majority of my career. Heck I cut taxes when I was Northeast Governor

Yeah, the quote speaks for itself, you're just misinterpreting it.

You claim to be pro-choice, but you limit women's choice when it comes to it, I don't want that to be the case. 3 different plans to choose from instead of 1.

You don't need all the power centralized in the federal government to have a strong military.

Wrong, you call it that, but it's always a battle between those who want to give freedom, and those who want to take it away. Some just have a nicer way to do it.

Doesn't feel good to have someone misquote you, does it?

The one who first suggested including veterans in the care for those in need act, attempted to make schools a safer place, an action you stopped, introduced a bill to fight PTSD, and road hypnosis is heartless. Please, stop accusing me of not caring for other people's problems.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 10:17:08 AM »
« Edited: June 05, 2016, 11:01:52 AM by Senator Blair »

There's just too much red meat in here. Lets split it up.

1.) Your healthcare plan makes no sense- I'm going to everyone regardless of their wealth, location, age or pre-existing conditions to have access to emergency contraception. I've said that I'll go to the Senate to do that-you haven't even released a plan. You said that if someone doesn't like their plan they should deal with it or move.

2.) When have I supported centralizing all power to the federal government? Please withdraw that statement

3.) Again, smart v reckless

4.) I never misquoted you; you directly took out the last section of my quote. Grow up.

5.) My attack was never that you were heartless; my attack was that you'd admitted to proudly doing nothing in the Senate to help women rights. I believe the Senate+Regional Govt should work together.

6.) Let's look at the bill you proposed, and why I rejected it.
+ You wanted to ban locks on school doors (Again, reckless Government)
+ You put forward $50 million to fund a scheme that would cost roughly between $3-5 billion at the least; the Northeast could not legally afford that
+ The Original bill was also rejected by every other Assembly member.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2016, 10:44:14 AM »

After the amendments adopted I voted for the bill.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2016, 11:01:15 AM »
« Edited: June 05, 2016, 11:09:45 AM by Senator Blair »

After the amendments adopted I voted for the bill.

Sorry I was referring to the original bill, proposed by Enduro. Attacking 'me for opposing making schools safe' as Enduro claimed is plainly safe considering he put forward such a poor bill
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2016, 12:34:21 PM »

The Age of Smart Government: The Economy

Some people want to offer us a false choice in Atlasia- we must either be in favour of big 'all encompassing government' or we must be in favour of freeedom. This is offering voters a false choice, and frankly we need to move behind this rhetoric.

We've got a fresh start in Atlasia; there's literally mountains of policies to deal with from climate change, air pollution, healthcare reform, infrastructure investment, crime and policing reform, foreign policy and so many more. We need Senators who can approach these issues fairly, and honestly. I've served as Governor of the Northeast, I've served as a Senator and worked with countless Senators to reach across the aisle reform on issues such as police reform.

The biggest challenge approaching Atlasia will be the Economy- and one quite frankly that hasn't had enough discussion in the election. We have an unemployment rate that is too high, and beyond that we have millions of Atlasian stuck in the cycle of low pay and poverty. This is why firstly I support Senator Truman's proposal to introduce a $12.50 minimum wage; likewise we need to ensure that it's introduced fairly to help small businesses across Atlasia which is why I'd also support a tax relief to go hand in hand with it. I'd also allow the regions themselves to devolve the issue of minimum wages, as long as we have a suitable benchmark at the bottom

Likewise I'd support scrapping the injustice of a sub-minimum wage that is offered to the 3 million workers who are paid less than the minimum wage, forced to rely on tips (which companies often take a percent of themselves) This simply isn't fair, and I hope my opponents will support this.

I'd also want to do what I did as Northeast Governor- cut taxes for the most hard off by raising the tax threshold, introduce a small business investment bank that works with the private sector to give interest free loans to small companies to allow them to stay afloat.

Now some people have always attempted to paint me as a supporter of big government, as someone who doesn't understand the importance of businesses but it's clear that is false. We need Government to work hand in hand, but vitally stepping in when there's a failure in the market- whether that's a failure to stop poverty wages, a failure to provide emergency healthcare or a failure to offer fair mortgages and loans. We need to approach these issues with a smart, policy driven focus. I know that's hardly an election winning slogan, but it works.

A New Economy: Policy Points

1.) $12.50 Minimum wage base level, with regions being able to raise the level.
2.) Ending of the sub-minimum wage levels.
3.) Regional Investment banks, working with private sector workers to support small businesses.
4.) Crack down on absurdly high interest rates from pay-day loans.
5.) A new economic policy based on co-operation between Federal, Regional and private sector interests
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2016, 10:00:54 PM »

There's just too much red meat in here. Lets split it up.

1.) Your healthcare plan makes no sense- I'm going to everyone regardless of their wealth, location, age or pre-existing conditions to have access to emergency contraception. I've said that I'll go to the Senate to do that-you haven't even released a plan. You said that if someone doesn't like their plan they should deal with it or move.

2.) When have I supported centralizing all power to the federal government? Please withdraw that statement

3.) Again, smart v reckless

4.) I never misquoted you; you directly took out the last section of my quote. Grow up.

5.) My attack was never that you were heartless; my attack was that you'd admitted to proudly doing nothing in the Senate to help women rights. I believe the Senate+Regional Govt should work together.

6.) Let's look at the bill you proposed, and why I rejected it.
+ You wanted to ban locks on school doors (Again, reckless Government)
+ You put forward $50 million to fund a scheme that would cost roughly between $3-5 billion at the least; the Northeast could not legally afford that
+ The Original bill was also rejected by every other Assembly member.

1. My health care plan is to let more options be available, and let the regions create their own unique plan. Also, I said that when the government decides to pass a universal health care plan, and someone doesn't like it, than their choice is limited to deal with it, or move.

2. Please withdraw the statement that I don't care about women's problem.

3. *sigh

4. "Grow up." Because insulting people's level of maturity is just the most adult thing to do.

5. I admitted to proudly wanting women to have more choice. If each region puts forward their own plan, than there will be 3 plans to choose from.

6. Perhaps the money wasn't right, but that doesn't change the fact that I was willing to change almost the entire bill, yet you still advocated a nay vote.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 10:20:48 AM »

The age of Smart Government: Healthcare.

'I'm sure everyone will agree that we will face a severe problem with healthcare in Atlasia- despite a handful of reforms over the last 60 years such as Medicare, Medicaid, the expansion of Child Insurance funding and finally the affordable care act. We've achieved a great deal; but the next Senate must act on this issue rather than simply kicking the bill to the regions who will not be able to pay for it. I served as Governor of the Northeast- we only had a $2 billion surplus which we weren't allowed to break. I looked into it as Governor- we simply couldn't afford to have our own regional option.

The people of the Northeast know however that we need change- we need to end the scandal where working families are facing premiums that are outstripping their wages. My opponent says he wants to scrap the minimum wage Now this wouldn't help working families who are already priced out of the insurance market would it?

Firstly we need to push for medicare expansion in the regions- I'd lead a lobbying effort to get the regions to accept medicare expansion to close the gap between those not covered by ACA but still in financial hardship.  Medicare expansion will be a great boost to the regions, and will give the most vulnerable people in society health coverage. This isn't about big government-this is about smart government. A healthy populace is a productive populace.

I'd also want to lead the effort for either a public option in the Insurance Market, or a Single Payer 'Medicare for all' following an Australian model. The biggest problem we face in the health market isn't people who can no longer gain insurance- the problem is folks who have insurance but are seeing their premiums raise, along with out of pocket expenses.

I'd also want the Senate to use anti-trust laws to stop health insurers from dominating the market- in 45 states two insurers dominate the market with 50% share of customers. Likewise caps should be placed on the amount that insurance companies can charge for drugs every month, along with the out of pocket costs for simply getting a check up. Now a lot of people will attack this saying that we just need to give the 'invisible hand' of the market the opportunity- but the previous system has failed.

Likewise we need to ensure that we have a quality team of health workers to fuel this system. We're facing a record shortage of nurses in Atlasia which is why I'd support setting up a National College of Nursing, with a bursary for nursing students who then go and work in Atlasia

We also need to make sure the most vulnerable and isolated groups in society have the protection, and help needed. This means expanding healthcare coverage for Native Atlasians, HIV/AIDS sufferers and areas of high geographic risk

We need a healthcare system that works for the people of Atlasia, not the interests of insurance companies.

A new healthcare system: Policy Points
1.) Medicare Expansion for the Regions
2.) A cap on out of pocket expenses for routine treatments.
3.) A cap on drug price hikes, and monthly payments
4.) Enforcement of anti-trust laws to stop market dominance
5.) A new college of Nursing to stop the shortage of Nurses
6.) A focus on groups facing historic levels of inequality such as Native Atlasians.
7.) A single payer or public option for health insurance
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2016, 05:55:16 AM »

'Friends whilst we have yet to have the results of the election certified it's clear that this has been a good weekend for Labor in the North, we've shown that running on a hopeful, optimistic and clear message of progress that we put to the voters. This is a clear mandate from the voters in the North that they want two Senators who will stand up for the rights of all Atlasians to have access to high-paying jobs, cheap healthcare and most importantly two Senators who will have the Senate leading the fight for Progress.

The awful attacks in Orlando overshadow this weekends victory. No-one, every should be killed for who they love, and the terror attack on a space where LGBT+ and their allies go together is a stark reminder that homophobia and it's many evils have not yet be vanished from Atlasia, or this world. This is a time for mourning, but also a time for solidarity out of the ashes of despair- the LGBT community will stand together stronger after this attack. It's time for Solidarity.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies