Bush Officially Endorses Teaching Intelligent Design in Public Schools (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:44:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Bush Officially Endorses Teaching Intelligent Design in Public Schools (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush Officially Endorses Teaching Intelligent Design in Public Schools  (Read 5820 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: August 03, 2005, 09:26:45 AM »

As far as I'm concerned the Creation, Evolution and Intelligent Design should all be taught in public schools - let students make up their own minds

Where do I stand on the whole 'origins' issue? I accept evolution but believe it was God-ordained

God exists until such time as science can falsify his existence. They said Galileo "abolished" the Heaven's. Poppy-cock, he just couldn't see that far Wink

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 09:40:14 AM »

God exists until such time as science can falsify his existence.

Uh, no. Science ignores God until proof of existence or non-existence can be established either way.

Thanks, for correcting me. Am I right in thinking that it must just be scientific theories themselves, which can be tentatively refuted?

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 05:56:11 AM »

God exists until such time as science can falsify his existence.

Uh, no. Science ignores God until proof of existence or non-existence can be established either way.

Thanks, for correcting me. Am I right in thinking that it must just be scientific theories themselves, which can be tentatively refuted?

Dave

Could you rephrase the question or ellaborate? My brain is having a hard time deterimining what you're asking exactly, for some reason. Tongue

I've gotten my wires crossed so where along the line - but something Krusty's said put me on the right lines

What happend was a few years ago, someone told me that God didn't exist so I challenged him to prove it. Naturally, he countered my challenge - so I told him that, scientifically, theories can only be falsified not proven and it was down to him to prove God did not exist. I've been arguing that for years now, with no one challenging me,  but since, as Emsworth points out, fallacious argument, I'm happy to stand corrected

Whether God exists is a matter of faith not science and since it's not a scientific theory it cannot be, therefore, be falsified

On a personal level, I was baptised an Anglican but as I grew older I became a little agnostic; however, on a visit to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, when I touched the tomb of Jesus Christ, I experienced a tingling in my arms right up to my elbows (kind of like a mild electric shock) and from than on I've never doubted the Lord's existence

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 11:35:04 AM »

Re- this. The other night on Special Report some guy from The Washington Times was talking about Intelligent Design being the issue in 2008 - like gay marriage was in 2004 - and it would somehow find it's way onto state ballots

This would motivate evangelicals and fundamentalists, who'd by-and-large vote Republican

Dave

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 12:03:19 PM »

Re- this. The other night on Special Report some guy from The Washington Times was talking about Intelligent Design being the issue in 2008 - like gay marriage was in 2004 - and it would somehow find it's way onto state ballots

This would motivate evangelicals and fundamentalists, who'd by-and-large vote Republican

Dave

EVERYBODY... VOTE RE-FU˘KING-PUBLICAN

Down with those filthy seculars.

I'd vote for Intelligent Design to be taught in public schools  .......... and DEMOCRAT Wink, just as I would have done with gay marriage

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies