Who ran a better campaign? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:21:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Who ran a better campaign? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Bush or Trump
Bush 00'

Trump 16'

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Who ran a better campaign?  (Read 4474 times)
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 29, 2018, 11:27:21 PM »

Bush ran against Peace, Prosperity, and sort of ran against Incumbency and won.  Trump was lucky to run against an opponent  that was almost as hated as he himself was/is, and Hillary was in some respects the Thomas Dewey of our times, in a sense that her campaign took so much for granted.  So, that means Bush gets my vote.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 04:08:37 PM »

Bush ran against Peace, Prosperity, and sort of ran against Incumbency and won.  Trump was lucky to run against an opponent  that was almost as hated as he himself was/is, and Hillary was in some respects the Thomas Dewey of our times, in a sense that her campaign took so much for granted.  So, that means Bush gets my vote.

This is funny, you have posters constantly saying that it should be taken for granted that Hillary would've lost to a normal republican, and the bulk of the other republicans themselves were also running on that assumption, all they needed to do was engage in some empty flattery and that was enough to win. The only exceptions to this may have been Christie and Cruz who wanted to run more aggressive campaigns against Hillary.

By the way, it should be noted that Hillary changed her entire electoral strategy specifically because of Trump.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rubycramer/how-a-decision-in-may-changed-the-general-election

I agree Hillary would've ran a different campaign against a normal Republican, but I also think a normal Republican in many  respects would've campaigned differently than Trump. It'd be a close election either way, Kasich is the only main Republican other than Trump that I could see winning any of the three states in the Rust Belt that decided the election. Rubio, Jeb!, or Cruz would've had to try and duplicate Dubya's 2004 map.  Personally, I think if he somehow got nominated, Kasich would've beaten Hillary, Christie to if not for Bridgegate.  Rubio would be a toss up and Cruz, Jeb!, and the rest of the Clown show would've lost to Hillary.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 07:38:14 AM »

This is funny, you have posters constantly saying that it should be taken for granted that Hillary would've lost to a normal republican, and the bulk of the other republicans themselves were also running on that assumption, all they needed to do was engage in some empty flattery and that was enough to win. The only exceptions to this may have been Christie and Cruz who wanted to run more aggressive campaigns against Hillary.

By the way, it should be noted that Hillary changed her entire electoral strategy specifically because of Trump.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rubycramer/how-a-decision-in-may-changed-the-general-election

I agree Hillary would've ran a different campaign against a normal Republican, but I also think a normal Republican in many  respects would've campaigned differently than Trump. It'd be a close election either way, Kasich is the only main Republican other than Trump that I could see winning any of the three states in the Rust Belt that decided the election. Rubio, Jeb!, or Cruz would've had to try and duplicate Dubya's 2004 map.  Personally, I think if he somehow got nominated, Kasich would've beaten Hillary, Christie to if not for Bridgegate.  Rubio would be a toss up and Cruz, Jeb!, and the rest of the Clown show would've lost to Hillary.

I love your signature!

Thanks. Found it on Google searching presidential memes.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 12:11:14 PM »

Trump. How is this even a question?

Considering just how many campaign managers that got axed, all the states that swung against him in such a favorable environment, and how he managed to still lose by 3 million to the most unpopular opponent imaginable?

Lol such a favorable environment...with every single prognosticator assuring he had zero shot of winning and the mainstream media treating him as if he were Satan Incarnate.

These posts about how Trump was favored in 2016 reek of LSD and angel dust.

I think favorable environment means that based on economic fundamentals, international fundamentals, and the overall mood of the country. I think on those measures, before you factor in Trump, the political/electoral environment in 2016 did ever so slightly favor the GOP.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies