Is it weird for you to watch Lief and BRTD as hawks? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:12:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is it weird for you to watch Lief and BRTD as hawks? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it weird for you to watch Lief and BRTD as hawks?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Is it weird for you to watch Lief and BRTD as hawks?  (Read 3576 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: September 05, 2013, 09:42:36 AM »

Yes, it's hilarious at the hypocrisy. If Bush, McCain or Romney would have been President they, and many others, would be screaming to the skies about how this is illegal, etc.

I acknowledge that it's illegal under international law.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 10:19:28 AM »

Anyway, calling our position "hawkish" is stupid. The so-called "peace" position basically boils down to allowing (and implicitly encouraging!) Assad to continue to indiscriminately massacre Syrian civilians, while confirming to all other dictators in the world that the use of chemical weapons is no longer taboo. How is that any more anti-war than our position?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 11:42:43 AM »

Yes, it's hilarious at the hypocrisy. If Bush, McCain or Romney would have been President they, and many others, would be screaming to the skies about how this is illegal, etc.

I acknowledge that it's illegal under international law.

where within international law is it the job of the USA to unilaterally prosecute or punish war crimes?

Nowhere. Like I said I acknowledge that the United States bombing Syria is probably illegal under international law. (Though if you want to get into legal hypothetical trolling, considering that the US has recognized the opposition as the legitimate government of Syria, if they request our assistance in defending "their state" from Assad, that would be legal...)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies