Federal Judge Orders IN To Recognize Terminally Ill Woman’s Same-Sex Marriage (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:58:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Federal Judge Orders IN To Recognize Terminally Ill Woman’s Same-Sex Marriage (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federal Judge Orders IN To Recognize Terminally Ill Woman’s Same-Sex Marriage  (Read 886 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: April 23, 2014, 12:23:07 PM »

The federal government has no right in this matter. This is simply immoral. Time to nullify.

Is that meant to be some kind of legal opinion, or rather, just your grand unified theory that Balkanized federalism is a predicate to the polis being a shining city on a hill?

It is interesting that so often, when the merits of a matter clearly dictate reaching conclusion A, that those favoring conclusion B then resort to non legally based make weight federalism arguments, as constraining any departure from what is otherwise very poor public policy. It drives me nuts, but that is just me I guess.  Federalism is really, really a pain in the ass. It really degrades debate in the public square, and does indeed very often lead to poor public policy choices, that are just nonsensical. I mean, e.g. (and it goes on and on, in so many different arenas), does it make any sense, for a gay couple who get legally married in say Iowa, to see their marriage effectively nullified, if due to their masochistic tendencies or whatever, they choose to decamp for Mississippi?  What do you think?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies