The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:33:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next  (Read 40282 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 15, 2016, 09:54:27 AM »

Lumine, is it still possible to sign up? I just saw this and am REALLY excited to see how this progresses.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 06:03:28 PM »

Are there the main countries that are only playable? Because if not, I really want to play as South Africa. But I am fine either way.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 07:26:21 PM »

Okay, gotcha! Just being hopeful! I guess that leaves me with... CHINA!

I will say that currently China is recovering after the death of Sun Yat-sen with Chiang Kai-shek as I don't see much effect of BoP One on China. I didn't play in the first game so I'd really like some help on this front. I'd assume China would still break down to a Republic unless y'all changed that.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 01:49:03 PM »

Bloody brilliant, Lumine!

I, for one, welcome a fellow military despot XD

Oh yes, the US backstory really is great. Will we get similar ones for the other countries as well?

Thanks!

That is precisely the point, but writing these takes time, which is why I started now. Once we settle China and Italy and I finish writing, we can start.

I am going to be posting China in a minute, I am doing a little research ATM beforehand.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 08:24:27 AM »

Posting tonight. I had Common Core test today to study for.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 01:07:30 PM »

I'm a bit confused. It's Chinese Republic of Chinese Empire?

Empire. Chiang is Imperial Prime Minister.

Ah, I'll reflect that. My apologies.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 08:12:45 PM »

Okay, China is here and in-gear and we're ready to fight! Just... not tonight. I have finals all this week, but luckily I'll be able to finish up my Turn tomorrow evening if you'll have me. I am deeply sorry for the delay, but I am ready to fight the Reds! Thanks all for your support, sorry for my tardiness.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 03:33:28 PM »

In this universe, it's China that keep us all behind Wink

Seriously though, given all the mess you have to deal with, I'm hardly surprised it's taking time.

(PS: Wanna buy some Armenians? Tongue )

Thanks Kal. I am really sorry I haven't been able to get to my computer (on me phone) at the moment. I injured my neck pretty bad so once I am able to get home I'll finish this up.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 08:59:52 PM »

I am too. It would be sad if this game petered out when it was starting to heat up.

Agreed, just posted so back on track!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 01:16:09 PM »

Did my war moves not go through? Or are we just waiting?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 07:30:20 PM »

I will have my stuff up tomorrow evening. Sorry for my annoyance to you all. ;(
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 01:06:01 AM »

Well... I guess I am having my butt handed to me. Why does China hate me specifically? I mean I know I am ruling with fascist tendencies, but come on! I am giving them movies!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 05:45:49 PM »

Sorry guys, I won't come back to play as Germany. In fact, I don't plan to return to Atlas at all, and I am just here shortly to let you know. I hate to let you down that way, but I'm sorry. Have fun, and thank you for the fun you all gave me.

I don't believe I was here for much of the fun that you brought to many an Atlasian Game, but at least with this and with Fear n' Loathing, you were always a fun person to have around.

You will be sorrowly missed.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 11:16:55 PM »

After processing the news, it would seem there's an issue as it's sort of unfair to give Kalwejt such a large work, that is, both Ottomans and Germans.

Would people be willing to wait through the weekend to see if we get a German player? I feel that would be fair given the importance of the involved nation, although I'll probably do the BBC update as well.

Agreed.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 09:45:46 PM »

I will be posting tomorrow night, I have a had a bunch of stuff here at the JSA DNC program. Sorry, y'all.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 10:31:11 AM »

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 11:47:30 AM »

In any case, I'm sold with player's interest and Dereich's post, when you put it like that then indeed we have a lot to cover still. I understand Leonardo's concerns as well, but I think that with the way things are going for the US the backstory allows for a lot more of improvisation on behalf of the USA player.

So if we confirm Italy, USA and hopefully UK, we're back in business and I'll do a write up of the end of 1928 with some events to advance the storyline, and we could return for Early 1929. If you want any changes done to the game or the backstory, now's the time to speak.

I like the idea of a broken Russia, but, wouldn't it be possible to slightly reduce the number of Russian states? I will be honest, I don't think it is historically plausible that there are too many Russian states.

Regarding China, maybe forgetting all NeverAgain has done regarding domestic policy? He has obviously totally screwed up and there is a civil war blablabla, but no way to erase this part? Just for the record, I believe that the trade agreements made between China, the Ottoman and the USA should still be in effect, but I think we should forget the "civil war stuff" in China.

Love you too.

As has been said, China without a civil war would be pretty overpowered. I, of course did not intend on having one, but it sprung up anyways. Apparently, according to Lumine, I got a bunch of bad rolls, but I should have handled the situation better. Right before we stopped, I believed I was making a comeback, as I felt I was on the right step internationally and domestically with killing off the commies.

I think the Civil War was unable to avoid, especially with rising communist tensions and a weak Emperor. I also wrote the history since the first BoP (with Lumine's blessing) on it and left it open for a possible civil war so, I mean I screwed myself over with early planning, but I like a challenge.

Anyways, I think China should still have their civil war, as it opens up more options and more attention to Asia. But I'd love to play again and take a tutorial from windjammer how to not "obviously totally screw up" again, as he apparently knows best.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 12:28:05 PM »

If NeverAgain would like to continue playing he should be able to. I was open to an idea of temporarily nonplayable China, but not anymore.

Also, can we not be dicks to each other?

I'd love to. I have a couple of strats to try out instantly now that I think I have the hang of China.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 02:38:31 PM »

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 09:10:54 PM »

I'll be posting a couple things for the Chinese-British meeting in Istanbul soon. My apologies for the long delay.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2016, 04:59:30 PM »

For the record, I haven't forgotten to update, I need the China moves for the Civil War (NeverAgain asked for an extention a couple of days ago and was granted one, although the term has expired).

Twas a busy week (Thanksgiving and all). Just sent it to ya. Sorry for the delay.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2016, 06:42:42 PM »

RIP Me probs. I had so many good plans this turn, but has irl stuffadoodles. Maybe I can convince someone to use them. Good game folks!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2016, 11:58:27 PM »

As I said. Good game folks. If anyone wants some sexilicious things to test out in your economy, PM me.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2016, 08:48:08 PM »

I might be interested in Italy, wouldn't want a duel government though, even if I'd have to fight a civil war over it.

I was planning on joining back as Italy, but I have already had my shot, so if you want it, go ahead.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 02:15:21 PM »

I mean, if the players don't mind, it would simplify the game a lot. But I leave it up to discussion (particularly I'm interested in knowing what NeverAgain thinks)
Neveragain?

Siberia.

Sorry didn't see this. I would be perfectly fine with option 3, as me being the strongest power in the area (and my power-hungryness) would likely create a vaccum that would push Kolchak into power.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies