Florida Governor Race, 2010 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:32:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Florida Governor Race, 2010 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you think will win the Florida gubernatorial election in 2010?
Bill McCollum

Alex Sink

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Florida Governor Race, 2010  (Read 10924 times)
ajc0918
United States

« on: July 24, 2009, 08:07:23 PM »

A lot of people don't know Sink, and if you do, you know of her flying record.
There's is already groups against her.www.dontbankonsink.com
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 09:50:10 PM »

Sink is seen as a flake. McCollum easily. AJC, why the hell would you support Crist?

Because I am a moderate Republican, and I don't see him as being a RINO. He is just a moderate Republican, and like most of the upcoming youth vote I am slightly socially liberal, but only on environmental issues. Plus, Crist has the best chances of winning.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 10:11:47 PM »

Sink is seen as a flake. McCollum easily. AJC, why the hell would you support Crist?

Because I am a moderate Republican, and I don't see him as being a RINO. He is just a moderate Republican, and like most of the upcoming youth vote I am slightly socially liberal, but only on environmental issues. Plus, Crist has the best chances of winning.

couldn't have described the situation better, myself. We gotta keep this one safe to focus on defending other questionable ones. I, like you, am a centrist and feel wedged. We need more sensible and practical people like Crist, Castle, Frazier, etc.

Most of the youth vote is moderate, and to win their vote we need to be moderate. I will support whoever wins the primary, but I support Crist because he is the direction we should go. Of course, it doesn't matter what I think because I can't vote, but I will influence who I can.

Btw is anyone going to the RPOF drive the discussion convention on August 22nd?
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 10:28:05 PM »

So then you "conservative" moderates support the stimulus? And where is that property tax cut that jerk promised me?

I supported a stimulus. Now the stimulus that was passed was way too big and had too much crap. But it was passed, so whatever. Do I agree with Crist "campaigning" with obama about the stimulus? No. But I do know that the stimulus has helped to fill in budget deficits, and although it hasn't created many, if any, jobs I think the state needed money to fill in the deficits.

As for the property tax thing, idk. I don't know what he promised or what the amendment did, I was to young to follow it.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 07:56:47 PM »

Its unfortunate that Crist is leaving the governors office to seek a senate seat.  He is one of the biggest RINOs in the country.  Without Charlie (I love Obama's stimulus package) Crist in the race, the more conservative Rubio could win there, fairly easily against any democrat that he ran against.

Fairly Easily?
Florida is a moderate state, Rubio is uber conservative, most independents wouldn't vote for him.
 Kendrick Meek (the likely demo nom) would a least make it a close race, Meek has raised a lot of money and Rubio can't even raise 500k.

I could be wrong, then again I support Crist.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 09:28:45 PM »

It's a bad time to be a Florida Democrat. Sink may be the best choice we have for governor, but that doesn't mean she's a good choice. Of course, McCollum wouldn't be any good either. It's a lose/lose. Same goes for the Senate race, although Crist is one of the more acceptable Republicans.

You see him as that because he's a fake conservative.

Because we ALL know MODERATE =FAKE.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 11:07:43 PM »

Actually Crist is a conservative with some moderate leanings.

Sounds good to me.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 02:55:44 PM »

I'm a little surprised people are so ready to give this one to McCollum (although I'm not from Florida so maybe I'm missing something here.)

McCollum is a bit of a perennial candidate who has lost several statewide races. Alex Sink was the Democrats' top tier recruit and has a great geographic base for a Florida Democrat. Plus, Republicans have controlled the Florida governors' mansion for 12 years and in a closely-divided state like Florida, I'd imagine that the pendulum effect would favor the Dems somewhat.

I imagine it'll be close, but I think a Sink victory is very possible.

(And no, I'm not being a pro-Dem hack. I think Republicans are very likely to pick up governorships in New Jersey and Virginia (this year) and Tennessee, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, for example, as well as having decent shots in Iowa and even Massachusetts and Maryland.)

Sink, could win. But McCollum has been up in several polls. He also has name recognition and has most of the party behind him (so does Sink). The race will tighten, but I think in the end McCollum will be victorious, well I hope.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 09:56:52 PM »

I'm a little surprised people are so ready to give this one to McCollum (although I'm not from Florida so maybe I'm missing something here.)

McCollum is a bit of a perennial candidate who has lost several statewide races. Alex Sink was the Democrats' top tier recruit and has a great geographic base for a Florida Democrat. Plus, Republicans have controlled the Florida governors' mansion for 12 years and in a closely-divided state like Florida, I'd imagine that the pendulum effect would favor the Dems somewhat.

I imagine it'll be close, but I think a Sink victory is very possible.

(And no, I'm not being a pro-Dem hack. I think Republicans are very likely to pick up governorships in New Jersey and Virginia (this year) and Tennessee, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, for example, as well as having decent shots in Iowa and even Massachusetts and Maryland.)

Sink, could win. But McCollum has been up in several polls. He also has name recognition and has most of the party behind him (so does Sink). The race will tighten, but I think in the end McCollum will be victorious, well I hope.

Latest poll has McCollum leading Sink 43-34.

McCollum has a definite early lead, the poll also said that Crist has 67 approval ratings.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies