Edwards is against Gay Marriage AND Civil Unions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:25:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Edwards is against Gay Marriage AND Civil Unions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Edwards is against Gay Marriage AND Civil Unions  (Read 6119 times)
NHPolitico

« on: February 25, 2004, 09:51:25 PM »

"Meanwhile, Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards (search) has come out against both gay marriage and same sex unions."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,112534,00.html

---

Looks like he can see the handwriting on the wall

I'd like to see a quote. They may mean how Edwards would vote in a booth on civil unions, but I'm not even willing to say that that's the case, even. He said this week in Georgia, "I don't personally support gay marriage myself. My position has always been that it's for the states to decide." If he has that view on gay marriage, he probably has the same view on civil unions-- that a state can choose to have civil unions if they want.  That's not anti-civil unions, really, anymore than Kerry, who is personally pro-life, is politically pro-life.
NHPolitico

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 06:54:37 AM »

That's not anti-civil unions, really, anymore than Kerry, who is personally pro-life, is politically pro-life.

Well, if you're personally pro-life, doesn't that mean you believe abortion is the taking of a human life.  Otherwise, if a life wasn't involved, why would abortion bother anyone?

And if you personally believe someone is being murdered during an abortion, how on earth can you then turn around and be politically pro-life?

Ask John Kerry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies