The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:33:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread  (Read 216316 times)
Sedona
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.78

P P
« on: November 15, 2016, 06:32:15 PM »

Any rumblings about Cruz? The rumor I heard early on in the summer was that he was preparing to coral potential donors in preparation for a 2020 run regardless of who wins.
That's assuming he doesn't get primaried in 2018.
Sedona
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.78

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 07:20:22 PM »

Any rumblings about Cruz? The rumor I heard early on in the summer was that he was preparing to coral potential donors in preparation for a 2020 run regardless of who wins.
That's assuming he doesn't get primaried in 2018.
Yeh. Right. Tell us another funny story. Ted's a hero in Texas. Also, no one comes close to his level of organization and effort.

Given the vigor with which he pursued this primary season, 2020 is a real possibility for Cruz. I do not see the Donald running twice. The one major exception is if he gets tapped for SCOTUS.
Cruz has a negative approval rating in Texas (though still positive, but relatively bad, among Republicans), and polls show that Rick Perry would beat him by nine points if he ran in the primary.  I would still bet my money on Cruz surviving a primary challenge, but stranger things have happened (like the election we just had).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies