Japan: Sex- and relationship phobia is gripping the country (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:46:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Japan: Sex- and relationship phobia is gripping the country (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Japan: Sex- and relationship phobia is gripping the country  (Read 6766 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 21, 2013, 09:08:59 PM »

With 130 million people living on 145 thousand square miles, asexuality isn't a bad option.  The last time the Japs got really horny and started thinking that Japan wasn't large enough for the Japanese, millions of innocent Chinese people were brutally raped and murdered. 

Like your article says, "she did "all the usual things" like tying people up and dripping hot wax on their nipples."  Seriously, how hentai is that?  I say let them leave off it for a while.  I'm really not seeing a problem here.  In fact, it seems to me that the world is a better place when Japanese people stop reproducing and focus on cars, cameras, and electronics.

To be fair, she was speaking of the all the usual things she did as a professional dominatrix, so what was usual for her need not have been usual for ordinary Japanese.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 02:13:41 PM »

I don't get it. I understand the part about not wanting to marry but why no hookups?

Oral contraceptives were illegal in Japan until 1999 and many women shun them because of concern over side effects and thus prefer contraceptive methods such as the condom that don't require messing with their biochemistry.  Abortion is still technically illegal, tho it can be obtained from "approved doctors" under conditions so liberal that pretty much anyone can get them unless you are of perfect wealth and health.  Altho if you are married, then for that class of abortions we'd generally class as elective abortions, you need your husband to agree.

So while family planning services are available in Japan, they aren't something that people want to avail themselves of.  They see it as simpler to just say no.

Japan is an odd mix of prudery and openness when it comes to sex.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies