Opinion of History teachers explaining why communism is "bad" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:38:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of History teachers explaining why communism is "bad" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: See the title
Freedom teaching

Horrible teaching

Neutral

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Opinion of History teachers explaining why communism is "bad"  (Read 1221 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 22, 2017, 04:38:55 AM »

My history teacher is amazingly good about this. He asks questions to make us doubt our own beliefs, but never directly attacks them. He doesn’t say “Communism is bad.” or “Fascism is bad.” Instead it’s “Is fascism bad? Why? Why not?” or “Is communism bad? Why? Why not?”

That said, I really must question this: if communism, the equal distribution of income to all, is a successful ideology, then I really must question why no communist state today, under that definition, exists? To me, if an ideology has no successful implementations, then there are two conclusions: it is new, untried on a large scale, or is generally impractical(if not downright impossible). The former two are, under no circumstances, plausible claims. Therefore, “when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 03:18:11 PM »

Few normal individuals would defend any of the Stalinist regimes, but American schools do not teach about the ideology correctly or with nuance. It should demonstrate quite well the problems with the way it is taught if a few of our younger posters(and more... gullible posters as well ) believe that communism is the equality of pay, something that is so hilariously and ironically false that it hurts.

I’m sorry - I was explaining it as an economic system, as, from my understanding, under communism there is no income inequality. Is this or is this not correct?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies