Cheney Daughter Remark (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:26:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Cheney Daughter Remark (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cheney Daughter Remark  (Read 34148 times)
CollectiveInterest

« on: October 17, 2004, 11:40:16 AM »

Drudge is really pushing the Cheney daughter remark issue.  I see it on a bunch of blogs, and now there is an AP story about it.  Is this "angry mom" story really going to have any legs?  If it does have legs, will it have any impact? I can't imagine it, though stranger things have happened.

What's she angry about?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 11:51:27 AM »

She's ashamed of her daughter, and angry someone brought her up.

Where are the blind Bush followers going with this?

The GOP wants to gay-bait for social conservative votes, but then they get outraged about Kerry mentioning Cheney's lesbian daughter.

I guess the GOP just wants homosexuals to be invisible as real people and just be a pinata political symbol.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 03:32:33 PM »

She's ashamed of her daughter, and angry someone brought her up.

Where are the blind Bush followers going with this?

The GOP wants to gay-bait for social conservative votes, but then they get outraged about Kerry mentioning Cheney's lesbian daughter.

I guess the GOP just wants homosexuals to be invisible as real people and just be a pinata political symbol.

Get a clue.

I notice a pattern of posts without substance from you.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 03:37:03 PM »

I notice a "Hate America" rhetoric in your posts.

What have I said that indicates I "hate" the United States of America?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 03:47:47 PM »

It's okay.

If I thought this was going to happen, I would hate the United States of America too!

I'll bite. When you say I "hate" the USA, what do you mean? Is it merely that I disagree with your politics?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 06:41:55 PM »

I don't actually think you hate the USA. You just trash us a lot.

You don't have any more claim to speak for our country than anyone else.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 07:04:45 PM »

Who does "us" refer to?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 08:21:46 PM »

When have I trashed the USA?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 05:55:27 PM »

Hey CI do you think Philip will respond or do you think he'll just let this thread be forgotten.  The America Hater comments are so weak.  We are America, both sides, we love America and we want to make America strong.  We may have different ideas about how to go about that maybe ones that don't involve Emperilistic warfare but we are as much patriots as anyone.

I sorta sense that the "Reality Based Community" critique of Bush is settling into the minds of reasonable people that have voted GOP in the past.

People are acknowledging Bush was wrong on the major policy decisions: the Iraq War and tax cuts. And while Kerry lacks a comprehensive set of specifics, Bush isn't offering much to vote for.

Would you trust a guy who took a budget surplus and turned it into the biggest deficit in history to deal with the deficit? People in the "Reality Based Community" don't.

Will Philip respond? I don't know.

It is our duty to show how disconnected from reality Bush supporters have become. It's time to convert the soft-Bush supporters to voting for someone else.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 06:06:11 PM »

So the reality based community believes that Kerry can add $3 trillion in new spending over the next ten years to a projected deficit of $5 trillion over the same period, and cut the deficit in half while doing it, even though he only proposes $1.2 trillion in new taxes?

Some reality you live in, tool.

Has Bush provided any numbers as specific as Kerry?

Has Bush told the truth about the cost of Medicare? The cost of the Iraq War? The Bush tax cut?

Is Bush incompetent with numbers or a liar?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 06:26:02 PM »

HAHAHAHA!

You haven't trashed America?! War for oil ring any bells?!

Philip, what did I say about the Iraq War being for oil? How is it trashing America to say oil was a consideration when going to war in Iraq? Do you believe oil never crossed the minds of the people planning the war?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 06:47:05 PM »

You implied it was THE consideration

Got a quote? Or a link?

Or you doing the Team Bush thing and making sh**t up as you go along to suit your Faith-Based worldview?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 06:48:28 PM »

You implied it was THE consideration

BTW, you ducked this question:

How is it trashing America to say oil was a consideration when going to war in Iraq?

And how is it "trashing America" to criticize Bush policies?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 10:22:22 PM »

CollectiveInterest

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2004, 11:16:08 PM »

A lot.  Bush honestly answered the question.  Kerry put words into someone elses mouth, without her consent.  If he wanted to quote someone openly gay, he could have quoted Barney Frank, for example.

I frankly (no pun intended) have no idea how someone becomes homosexual or a heterosexual.   This is a subject that is debated by psychologists, geneticist, and physiologists. 

Kerry, in his arrogance, gave his inexpert opinion, and attemped to pass it off as fact, and attemped to do this by citing a person that has made no public statement on it, without her consent.  That is the improper part.

So, does Mary Cheney disagree with what Kerry said?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »

Like his outright lies about Viet Vets!!!!!!

What has Kerry lied about?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 01:53:48 PM »

I have no doubt that many people, both hetero- and homosexual, feel that it is an environmental trait, a learned trait. 

Really? Can you find one homosexual that isn't involved in Right Wing politics or theology that says homosexuality is learned?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2004, 02:59:31 PM »

Question: If it is genetic why do identical twins not always have the same sexual orientation?

OK. Say sexual orientation is like being right-handed and left-handed. Does a person choose to be right-handed or left-handed?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2004, 05:14:56 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

She could have a form of mental illness. Brambilla has discussed this in the past.

If Mary Cheney was honest about answering the question...

Which statement is closer to the truth?

1. Being lesbian is who you are.
2. Being lesbtian is a mental illness.

I'm consistently astounded at the intellectual dishonesty of Bush supporters. They muster "outrage" that Kerry would mention Mary Cheney being a lesbian and speculating that she would explain her sexuality in the same way that 98+% of homosexuals describe their sexuality.

But when Alan Keyes calls Mary Cheney a "selfish hedonist" or some Republican describes her as mentally ill it's OK.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2004, 09:23:17 AM »

If Mary Cheney was honest about answering the question...

Which statement is closer to the truth?

1. Being lesbian is who you are.
2. Being lesbtian is a mental illness.

Answer the question. Which statement is closer to the truth?
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2004, 11:44:00 AM »

This whole non-story just shows how desparate Bush is to run away from all his failures (the economy, the deficit, Iraq, etc etc). He doesn't have anything good to run on so he instructs Cheney and family to feign outrage. Obviously the Cheney's are being disingenous, because Dick thanked Edwards in the VP debate.

Edwards said in effect, it is good that the Cheney family supports their lesbian daughter.

Kerry said, in effect, this is how Mary Cheney thinks.

That is the difference.

But if she does think the way Kerry said, what's the problem?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies