Trump tax plan. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 10:45:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump tax plan. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump tax plan.  (Read 3158 times)
pepper11
United States

« on: May 08, 2016, 10:46:51 AM »

There is a clear narrative the media has pushed that Trump, despite his wealth, wants to raise taxes on the wealthy. Turn on CNN or MSNBC and watch any panel discussion on tax rates and a commentator will promote the narrative Trump wants to raise rates on the wealthy. Trump even somehow promotes this narrative. This makes no sense. Below is his tax plan which drastically cuts everyones rates. What in the world is going on?

The following is Trump's tax plan:

Establishes four tax brackets, with rates of 0%, 10%, 20% and 25%. The top rate applies to to income over $150,000 for single filers and $300,000 for joint filers.

Lowers the top corporate rate to 15%.

Eliminates the estate tax.

Eliminates the net investment income surtax.

pepper11
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 11:15:10 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2016, 11:18:01 AM by pepper11 »

So nobody knows what Trump's tax plan is. The one in the OP is of course ludicrous, particularly inasmuch as Trump does not want to touch entitlements.

Info is directly from Trumps website  and official platform.

What a joke. He is trying to have it both ways
pepper11
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 11:19:25 AM »

So nobody knows what Trump's tax plan is. The one in the OP is of course ludicrous, particularly inasmuch as Trump does not want to touch entitlements.

Info is directly from Trumps website  and official platform.

But he just said changed his mind.

In that instant? Its his official policy on his website.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 05:45:34 PM »

Trump today on raising taxes on the wealthy:

“We lower the taxes on the middle class, on business. And we lower the taxes on everybody, very substantially. But I have no illusions. I don't think that's going to be the final plan. Because they are going to come to me, including the Democrats and everybody else, they're going to come to me. They're going to want to negotiate.”

So let me get this straight. The guy who is selling himself as the greatest negotiator in history who will singlehandedly bring the US the greatest trade deals ever, WANTS to lower taxes on the wealthy, HAS a plan for rates to be 25% on the wealthy, yet states rates will go UP from the current 39.6% because he will have to negotiate!?? What?  He would seem to be losing that negotiation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies