Pope Francis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:53:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Pope Francis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pope Francis  (Read 4709 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 02, 2017, 05:49:01 PM »

Yes, of course.

My Muslim friend is also a big fan of his, says he finally knows of a Christian leader he really loves and respects, not another hypocritical Christian leader.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 07:56:54 PM »

Yes, of course.

My Muslim friend is also a big fan of his, says he finally knows of a Christian leader he really loves and respects, not another hypocritical Christian leader.

What about his thoughts concerning Billy Graham and other Evangelical leaders?
I don't think he's heard of them much (he's Canadian/Egyptian/Serbian).
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 10:50:02 PM »

Yes, of course.

I would advise your Muslim friend to study good leaders. Perhaps an abolitionist like John Wesley. Alternatively, maybe he is one of many people who complains of that which he knows nothing about. If I said, "I know no Muslim leader I really love and respect," many would point out that maybe I should search for many or stop complaining.

You're being unnecessarily harsh. We're talking about current leaders. He didn't see the last couple Popes and Patriarchs as leaders at all, and likes Pope Francis's openness and charity and unconventional style, saying it's finally a Christian who practices what he preaches and leads by example. This thread is about Pope Francis. I shared my Muslim friend's opinion to show something Pope Francis is doing is working. Protestantism isn't as well known in Egypt and Eastern Europe as Catholic & Orthodox Christianity are.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 09:10:38 PM »

You could have explained he was Egyptian. That makes far more sense than a Muslim who has lived in America all his life.
I did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies