Hugo Chavez has died (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:55:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Hugo Chavez has died (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hugo Chavez has died  (Read 23078 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: March 05, 2013, 05:18:52 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiCxmbG9b5U
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 08:11:42 PM »

Thatcher and Chavez really aren't comparable at all, sorry guy.
Your a horrible person, you know that right?

That may be, but my point still stands. Chavez nationalized oil companies and took a lit bit of the wealth from the richest strata of Venezuelan society to redistribute to those in extreme poverty. Thatcher destroyed and economically devastated entire communities across northern England in an ideological crusade.

LOL. I've never heard of people killed by Chavez regime. It seems that the propaganda machine works well.
He is not sending in tanks to Tiananmen Square, but the man was no hero. He funded FARC, the terrorist group that has lead to thousands of deaths in its war against Columbia.

You know that the FARC was active, alive and kicking in Colombia decades prior to Chavez. Do you want to make the man who has died guilty of all the dead in the neighbouring country? Do you know something about narcos, paracas and other lovely Colombian gentlemen? Come on, it's not the moment for the "Chavez is Evil" time. Watch Fox News if you want that kind of primary and biased stuff. By the way, I'll never claim that the man was a hero, but certainly he was democratically elected, like it or not. And, as some people is trying to tell you, not all his record is so bad.
FARC has been around since the 1950s. That is common knowledge. Quit talking down to me; I am not another Palin-Beck rightwinger.

If you're not, you really should quit acting like one (and show basic human dignity).
Human dignity is for those who deserve it; human dignity is reserved for respectable leaders, like Lula in Brazil.

Lula is a big fan of Chavez and would certainly disagree with you that he is not deserving of respect.
Thatcher may or may have not been the best leader, but she did not abuse human rights and disregard civil liberties. You are missing my point. Lula was a leftist, and a fan of Chavez. But Lula was not a thug.
Remember the miners strike...
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:29:40 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2013, 12:31:13 AM by ModerateCoward »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsWsZmyL1QU

Here's a nice summary why people will celebrate Thatcher's death. Chavez was actually competent and improved lives of many people, which is why you don't see Venezuelans expressing the same sentiment, but mostly Americans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies