Sanders surrogate brings up Monica Lewinsky in attack on Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:15:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders surrogate brings up Monica Lewinsky in attack on Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders surrogate brings up Monica Lewinsky in attack on Clinton  (Read 1784 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: April 24, 2016, 02:40:12 AM »

what's the problem here, exactly?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 08:38:40 AM »

clinton's actions w/r/t her husband's long history of rape and abuse are absolutely a relevant issue to her qualifications as president. it's disgraceful that some of you expect people to ignore serious moral failures just because they happen to have been committed by a member of their own party.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 01:04:51 PM »

Side note:
Let's not forget that Lewinsky has 50% to blame, for the affair she had with Bill Clinton (It takes two to tango.)
She was an adult, and made a choice to "involve" herself with a man, who she knew was married.
And by making this choice, Lewinsky provoked the expected anger of the married woman (Mrs. Clinton). (What did you expect ..... for Hillary to bake Lewinsky a cake ?)

power dynamics, bubs. a 22-year-old intern and her boss, the leader of the free world who is also over twice her age, aren't exactly on equal footing. same reason teacher-student relationships are so skeevy even if the student is of legal age
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 01:30:46 PM »

It's absolutely disgusting that some people seem to blame Hillary for Bill cheating on her. That sort of thought process comes straight out of the 1950s and I can't believe I see some dressed up version of it coming from self-proclaimed progressives in the 21st century. I agree that what what Bill did was "skeevy" as evergreen put it, both because of the power dynamics at play AND because I happen to believe that cheating on your wife is wrong regardless of who you do it with, but the chain of thought that leads people to somehow hold Hillary responsible is deeply rooted in sexism (the idea it's a wife's job to "keep her husband loyal" and it's somehow her failing as a wife if he is, well, first of all, absolutely disgusting, and secondly of all is completely regressive, conservative, sexist and reads like it could have came straight out of one of those anti-women's rights pamphlets from the 1950s.)

The fact that some people want Hillary to be forced to sit and "answer questions" about Bill's cheating is so far beyond the pale, so completely ridiculous and offensive, I literally have no words to properly express how I feel about it.
of course hillary isn't responsible for what bill did (does?), but she's very much responsible for her responses to it
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies