Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 10:07:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'  (Read 17171 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 01, 2009, 06:29:02 AM »

Same problem with the Convention. I call a vote on an article and suddenly everyone has something to say. I think we need to provide the PPT the discretion to call off final votes if the sponsor of the bill receives information that fundamentally changes the viability of the bill.

That said, some bills garner near-universal agreement. No one really likes to artificially debate a bill that doesn't face opposition.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 10:44:33 PM »

Ebowed's intial posts indicated the economy was declining but the dearth of info since then means we could be in a Great Depression and not even know it. Even what he did post lacked enough info to gives us a broad economic picture.

Well, you would rather expect so, given the Senate's propensity to ignore the majority of my articles when I was writing them.  I never did see any response by the Senate to address the failing automobile industries.  And there's no point making the situation worse if no one is going to bother addressing it.

You should still do it. If you did it every day, they would pay attention.

Not to mention, upon joining the Senate, I addressed every new article he wrote. But they again tapered off and stopped. We need them at least semi-daily. Not monthly.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 11:39:39 PM »

To be fair, the version they passed actually is fine with me. To bad it was vetoed.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 11:44:40 PM »

Before I make any decisions, I would like to ask a quick question...

"1. The Federal Communications Commission, nor any other federal agency, shall have the power to regulate the content of television or radio broadcasts."

Was this bill intended to say "shall not have the power"? The lack of not would change the entire meaning of the bill, no?

Sorry if I'm just misunderstanding something here...

Damn, I messed it up. Yes, it was intended to be "shall not have the power".

A bill, so lacking of debate and Senators so eager to jump and pass it, sat in the Senate for roughly four days and was voted on by all of the Senators before someone noticed an obvious typo that had the opposite intended effect.

If elected, I pledge to be a Senator that can read. Smiley
that was harsh.

Nah. I'll be the first to admit we screwed that one up. The Senate was so frustrated by the issues with the first bill that we rushed into that one. And I plan on amending the next one.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 08:18:26 PM »

I would like to announce my endorsement for Marokai Blue for the upcoming special Senate election.

For me, the decision came down to who I trust to remain active. Two of the candidates once showed a passionate interest in Atlasia; however, they had long ago let that fire burn down to a low simmer. One candidate has recently been exposed to this passion, but I fear that he has turned up the heat far too fast and runs the risk of simply being a flash in the pan.

Marokai, however, has proven himself to be a committed and active member of Atlasia, serving in various posts and contributing intelligent and productive discussion. Sure, sometimes he can be a bit fiery, but it is that passion that is so needed in the Senate. It's great to have a party in the majority, but even better is having a diversity of ideas from inspired and inspiring members.

I ask you all to join me in a vote for Marokai tomorrow.

~Senator Purple State
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 07:14:50 PM »

Congrats. I look forward to working with you right away.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 10:21:10 PM »

Whether or not people endorse you is irrelevant, you certainly have the votes to be re-elected for as long as your heart desires.  Sort of the interesting part of this system of voting, hell, if the RPP or JCP wanted to we could nominate Stark and Gporter and have them win

This is why the DA is so necessary. It adds some real excitement to these elections. Rather than the same old RPP vs. JCP battle for the 5th seat, you have a guaranteed JCP, a guaranteed RPP, and three up-for-grab seats. With the variation in DA membership, those last three seats are in major flux and give the game a good bit of excitement.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 11:53:02 AM »

Haha, the DA has 3 candidates, 9 active voters, and one is breaking for the JCP

You misrepresent what the DA stands for. We don't believe in having a crushingly large party, we don't pressure our members to vote for who we want. What we do is promote responsible and active members that bridge the divide between right and left, liberal and conservative. We promote solutions and pragmatic realism.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 12:22:26 PM »

A quick question, Senator. In your opinion, what issues could the JCP, the DA, and the RPP cross partisan lines and work together on?

Just check out the stimulus bill and free trade agreement currently being debated. Both are looking at broad support. The stimulus is especially subject to some good, tri-partisan compromises.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 12:23:35 PM »

Haha, the DA has 3 candidates, 9 active voters, and one is breaking for the JCP

You misrepresent what the DA stands for. We don't believe in having a crushingly large party, we don't pressure our members to vote for who we want. What we do is promote responsible and active members that bridge the divide between right and left, liberal and conservative. We promote solutions and pragmatic realism.
I'm just stating that it is unlikely you can elect 3 candidates and how much more important I make sure that you and Franzl, and not Afleitch, have a chance

Pursuing a vendetta so publically is not very healthy for the game.

I have to agree. Personal rivalries, especially when only one party is holding the grudge, is just unproductive in the game. People come for fun, not to get back at one another.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 08:41:17 PM »

I'm having some family tragedy/crisis issues right now, just so everyone knows. It's gotten me stressed out and emotionally exhausted, so I may be come-and-go for a day or two. I'm sorry.

I am sorry to hear that. Don't let the stress get to you, a similar situation happened to me. Beleive me stress related illnesses are no fun and everyone reacts differently to stress so be carefull.

Had my maternal grandmother's house burn down on us last night, so i've been rather busy. Again, I'm sorry to everyone.

To Vepres: I do have some ideas, but I'll have to get back to you on articulating them.

Of course, real life trumps Atlasia.

What?
I kid of course.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 09:27:22 AM »

In fairness, Igg is a very cute stuffed animal.

So is afleitch (this is what I hear).
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 11:28:11 PM »

Let me be the first to congratulate you Marokai. Despite our "tiffs" in the past, I'm hoping that we can cooperate (somewhat) peaceably in the future.

Enjoy your first full term in the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies