France General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:46:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 40
Author Topic: France General Discussion  (Read 131778 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: November 21, 2009, 12:52:43 PM »

Didn't see the news today, i missed something?

It's lasting since some days but I didn't make the remark before. The stuff with Peillon...
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #526 on: November 21, 2009, 01:14:50 PM »

Didn't see the news today, i missed something?

It's lasting since some days but I didn't make the remark before. The stuff with Peillon...

Madness is trendy...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #527 on: November 21, 2009, 05:17:09 PM »

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/63/20091115/ted-martine-aubry-fait-la-une-de-closer-07dc05d.html

Lol.

It speaks about the fact that Martine Aubry is on the cover of the French Closer.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #528 on: November 26, 2009, 02:54:55 PM »

Martine Aubry in "A vous de juger", currently:

J'aime bien avoir de l'autorité mais je n'aime pas être autoritaire.

In short it means she has problem do act with authority. What a chief.

Keep cool Martine, there is someone else who has no problem with authority in your party, which is what your party misses...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #529 on: November 26, 2009, 04:48:20 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2009, 04:50:03 PM by Benwah »

What's happening in "A vous de juger":

Blahblahblah......alliances modem.....;oui......;blahblahblah........;;nous sommes humanistes....blahblahblha.......;oui l'écologie c'est bien.............blhablhablhaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.......sarkozy is evil blhablhablha........but we're not runnig agaainst sarkozy...........we need a new project first......;blahblahblhah.........the opposition can be diverse........blahalbhalhb.......

Good is good and bad is evil.

Martine Aubry, Marielle de Sarnez, and Arlette Chabot. Real TV is growing on France Télévisions now they film old bobos in their tea saloon. If all political shows were like that on FT Sarkozy could be right in complaining. Though luckily it remains decent enough things like "7 à voir" or "C politique".

That's still won't be tonight they'll make up their mind.

Poor Martine, she really seems out, you want to tell her: "say all the s**t you think of the f**king situation in your f**king camp!! say what you think!! don't remake what Hollande did!! Or give up, please."

Oh and, btw, pardon, big mistake from me:

3 candidates for primaries:

Bertand Delanoë François Hollande (representing Martine and friends, all the Jospin generation)
Manuel Valls (for the youngs, most of those those who were behind Royal, Assouline, Filipetti, well the kitties gang)
Ségolène Royal (for...the people)

It has become clear that it was a big mistake from me since I saw him last Sunday, in an enough good night show "7 à voir" presented by Samuel Etienne.

You all knew Franky the Clown? Now you'll discover Franky the Nasty.

And we'll be with Franky vs. Seeg, and our news and the news in West will enjoy it, and,There will be blood. Actually.

Well, this still under normal situations.

Now what I really wonder about is which role will the Greens play in the primaries, if they play one. While Cohn Bendit came close of Bayrou lately he really seemed at home, but Bayrou won't run the primaries, at least that's what he said, politics is allowing itself a lot of 180° nowadays...

Anyways, nothing can be really told about them before the results of regionals I think.

Oh and, they present a guy like an "Obama from Modem" now, Alain Dolium, first time i hear of him, headlist of Modem in IdF. Doesn't seem bad, but he doesn't seem to be someone especially exceptional.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #530 on: November 27, 2009, 09:20:07 AM »

The FN has gone gaga again:

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #531 on: November 27, 2009, 09:21:46 AM »

Translation plz
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #532 on: November 27, 2009, 09:30:53 AM »

'Young Frenchman, defend your identity'

"It's very good that there are yellow French, black French and brown French. They show that France is open to all races and that she has a universal vocation. But on condition that they remain a small minority. Or else, France would not be France. We are still, before everything, a European people of white race, of Greek and Latin culture and Christian religion".

'National Front of Youth, the spirit of resistance'
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #533 on: November 27, 2009, 09:43:17 AM »

Do you know if the quote is actual?

Anyways no matter it is or not, héhé, that's the French model in all it's actuality all the limits of the French model are said here. Not saying that everything is to be thrown to be the basket, but, the borders of it and what make it in troubles nowadays are those expressed here.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #534 on: November 27, 2009, 09:52:08 AM »

Do you know if the quote is actual?

I wouldn't put it past the FN to make up sh**t Grin

big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #535 on: November 27, 2009, 09:57:13 AM »

Funny, I was about to post it Wink Thanks, Hash Smiley

The quotation is actual (again, it's from this fantastic book by ugly Peyrefitte: "C'était de Gaulle").

But beware of the context, please...:
De Gaulle said that to explain, in private, that Algeria can't become 100% French, because the demographic majority would rather quickly change... This was a way to refuse colonialists and Pieds-Noirs' ideas for extending "la métropole" to include Algeria.

What is really funny in this campaign by the FNJ is that Le Pen and a big part of the FN were politically born in the "Algérie française" movement...

That's another sign that we are entering an era of "post-politics": nobody has any historical culture any longer on the political scene... Everything is short mottos, televised fights, "petites phrases", emotions, etc.
Panzergirl Marine Le Pen will fit well the whole bunch of Royal, Sarkozy, Villepin, Bayrou, Bové, Besancenot, Raffarin,...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #536 on: November 27, 2009, 10:04:45 AM »

Ok, well, it remains for me something to be told about the French model, its universalism has the borders of the roots of its basic culture greek/roman/catholic.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #537 on: November 28, 2009, 05:17:13 PM »

I put it in another thread but immediately realized it was totally off-topic. So :

BTW, guess which system Sarko wants to use for election of the newly-created "territorial councilors ? FPTP !
How democratic ! How fair ! How intelligent and elaborated ! See how this guy cares about the fact the people's opinion is represented ! But probably he doesn't even know who Condorcet, Hare or Sainte-Lagüe are.

FPTP=evil.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #538 on: November 28, 2009, 08:50:21 PM »

I put it in another thread but immediately realized it was totally off-topic. So :

BTW, guess which system Sarko wants to use for election of the newly-created "territorial councilors ? FPTP !
How democratic ! How fair ! How intelligent and elaborated ! See how this guy cares about the fact the people's opinion is represented ! But probably he doesn't even know who Condorcet, Hare or Sainte-Lagüe are.

FPTP=evil.

Old news, I highlighted that the day he proposed it. And the only reason he wants FPTP is because the UMP would win.

I don't know if I posted my rant of the 'territorial reform' bullsh**t on here of I posted it on a French forum. Eh.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #539 on: November 30, 2009, 03:23:54 PM »

FPTP=evil.

Old news, I highlighted that the day he proposed it. And the only reason he wants FPTP is because the UMP would win.

I don't know if I posted my rant of the 'territorial reform' bullsh**t on here of I posted it on a French forum. Eh.

Nah nah, you did here. Antonio sometimes comes after the battle. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #540 on: November 30, 2009, 03:26:46 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2009, 03:29:02 PM by Northeast Representative Antonio V »

FPTP=evil.

True. I probably just wasn't around there when you posted this.

However, insisting isn't bad : FPTP=evil and undemocratic.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #541 on: November 30, 2009, 03:36:54 PM »

FPTP=evil.

Yep, and well, this is not the thread here, but if left is enough smart to well use it, it could be a working argument against UMP in the régionales.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #542 on: December 01, 2009, 02:42:26 AM »

FPTP=evil.

Yep, and well, this is not the thread here, but if left is enough smart to well use it, it could be a working argument against UMP in the régionales.

Guess what : they won't be smart enough !
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #543 on: December 01, 2009, 02:46:31 AM »

Guess who liked FPTP!

Michel Debré!

The funny thing is that the FN represents the legacy of Tixier-Vignancour more than anything else.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #544 on: December 01, 2009, 02:49:48 AM »

FPTP=evil.

Guess what : they won't be smart enough !

For now, left doesn't even need to use arguments against UMP, since UMP is damaging itself.

Régionales are really looking good for the left. In 2004, I would have said than the left would lose more than half of the regions than they won in the 2004 elections in the 2010 elections.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #545 on: December 01, 2009, 08:37:41 AM »

Nah, I really think these elections could be pretty mixed, interrogation marks on Greens, and this mainly because of abstention and a slight growing of FN maybe.  It will certainly more easy to see clear after the new year. Though, there is a more dedicated thread to develop about all of that.

Hey Antonio, are you in MJS btw? You could give them the idea...
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #546 on: December 01, 2009, 10:40:07 AM »

By-elections (and Euros!) have shown the UMP is in sh**t, in some cases its worse than 2004: in 2004, the UMP had the UDF which was semi-reliable but now those right-leaning UDF voters are NC/UMP and MoDem voters lean left overall (but may be a small reserve). More importantly, the FN is now blue-collar protest voters who will vote for the opposition in a runoff between government and opposition. Not many traditionally conservative voters in rural areas which leant to the right in runoffs left...

Anyway, please take discussion of regionals to the specific thread! Smiley
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #547 on: December 01, 2009, 10:58:27 AM »

http://www.lefigaro.fr/politique/2009/12/01/01002-20091201ARTFIG00480-nouvelle-querelle-centriste-autour-du-sigle-de-l-udf-.php

I'm eager to see a big judicial fight between NC and Bayrou !
Bayrou is a chewing-gum:
1) you can't get rid of him, even if he has become without any taste
2) he remains small through the time, whil getting many, many, many different shapes
3) he is able to extend from one point to another very far away point.

I hope NC will fight until the end, because this is how politics work !

And please don't be ironic on this, because it relates to real political issues. (yes!)
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #548 on: December 01, 2009, 11:09:15 AM »

http://www.lefigaro.fr/politique/2009/12/01/01002-20091201ARTFIG00480-nouvelle-querelle-centriste-autour-du-sigle-de-l-udf-.php

I'm eager to see a big judicial fight between NC and Bayrou !
Bayrou is a chewing-gum:
1) you can't get rid of him, even if he has become without any taste
2) he remains small through the time, whil getting many, many, many different shapes
3) he is able to extend from one point to another very far away point.

I hope NC will fight until the end, because this is how politics work !

And please don't be ironic on this, because it relates to real political issues. (yes!)

Oh, about Bayrou, i didn't want to come on it now, but as it comes...

I think that his only ever chance to make something now would be if something happens with Iran. His only chance, if ever he has to have still one.

His spot was 2007.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #549 on: December 01, 2009, 11:16:58 AM »

I will have much more tolerance for François Bayrou and the MoDem when they drop their obviously fake centrist shtick and are honest about their political position on the centre-left.

The UDF is the 'son' of the MRP and the French Christian democratic-liberal tradition, a tradition which is clearly noy represented by the MoDem.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies