France General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:14:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 40
Author Topic: France General Discussion  (Read 131776 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: November 13, 2009, 03:25:31 PM »

Of course, the same comment obviously applies to the SFIO, more so perhaps.

Not that I am very well versed in before Mitterand period, but, euh, well, as SFIO leaders that had power Léon Blum comes here, and his acts were coordinated to his speeches, then as a leader  Mendès comes here too, though his passage marked more the international affairs than socio-economic issues.

Guy Mollet. Need I continue?

I understood it as if they had never been a real leader in SFIO and/or as if there had always been a gap between speech and act in SFIO.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #501 on: November 13, 2009, 03:29:07 PM »

Not that I am very well versed in before Mitterand period, but, euh, well, as SFIO leaders that had power Léon Blum comes here, and his acts were coordinated to his speeches, then as a leader  Mendès comes here too, though his passage marked more the international affairs than socio-economic issues.

I understood it as if they had never been a real leader in SFIO and/or as if there had always been a gap between speech and act in SFIO.

I hope that you're not saying that there wasn't a gap between rhetoric and policy with Guy Mollet Roll Eyes
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #502 on: November 13, 2009, 03:46:43 PM »

I hope that you're not saying that there wasn't a gap between rhetoric and policy with Guy Mollet Roll Eyes

Léon Blum!

Antonio's post summed it up.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #503 on: November 13, 2009, 03:55:20 PM »

Léon Blum!

Antonio's post summed it up.

I was talking about Guy Mollet.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #504 on: November 13, 2009, 04:01:51 PM »

Hmm:

Mitterrand and Jospin have been the only PS 'leaders'. And do note that I only talked about the PS.

I think it was clear.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #505 on: November 13, 2009, 04:07:43 PM »

I have no clue at all what your point is, but I know that my point is that there is a gap between rhetoric and policy in the PS, and there was a similar gap in the later SFIO, aka the post-war SFIO.

Please either clearly deny or agree with my point.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #506 on: November 13, 2009, 04:30:48 PM »

I have no clue at all what your point is, but I know that my point is that there is a gap between rhetoric and policy in the PS, and there was a similar gap in the later SFIO, aka the post-war SFIO.

Please either clearly deny or agree with my point.

Ok, now you came with the element. You at first didn't precise post-war SFIO, or later SFIO, otherwise I wouldn't have spoken of Léon Blum, because my knowledge of this might not be perfect but i'm still part of those who know that 1936 is before 1945...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #507 on: November 16, 2009, 11:27:08 AM »

Haha @ what happened this week end with Royal. The mistress has corrected the lil boy.

The most funny is that while she has now all the small chiefs of PS bitching on her, i think that what she has done can be really good for her. She came to impose herself like a chief. That's how she appears on TV, a clear chief, that corrects the naughty boys. A chief, some clarity, everything the PS misses...

Ségolène Royal is creating the unity of PS...against her! And that's still good for her I think. All that small chiefs with egos and unclear with their ambitions, all those that fed up people so much, she has everyone against them now. And they are surely very happy of what's happening now, not seeing it could still be worse for them to shoot her like they do after what happened this week end.

Go Eva, go Jeanne, go Feminine version of Jesus Christ, the people is waiting for you...

Well, outside of joke. I really tend to think such things are good for her. Politics is the power, the power is the strength, in the PS the strength is Ségolène Royal nowadays. Not saying it's a good strength, ya know the movie, 'there is the bright and the dark side of the force'.

Go Anakin-Royal!

Outside of this, lol @ the last poll on DSK.

Isn't 'funny', 'weird', 'ironical', that something that appears so much as something that could be more or less a sock puppet of the Elysée, the pollster Opinion Way, publishes a poll that gives DSK still more winner against Sarkozy than a recent one published by CSA? Isn't that weird that a pollster that really seems to be close to the Elysée gives some more strength to the guy that "everybody see as the best leader against Sarkozy"? That maybe that like me, they tend to think that DSK wouldn't have a lot of chances against Sarkozy, and that that would be cool to make him grow in the PS, to shoot them a bit more...

Anyways, not really caring about eventual operations like that, just passed through my mind, would tend to find it blatant, but that may be not, rather find stuffs like that amusing if that's accurate...
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #508 on: November 16, 2009, 11:46:31 AM »

I disagree with your opinion of Royal, for reasons I've already expressed.

While OpinionWay is close to the right generally, I haven't seen any major problems in its polling like I've seen with, say, CSA. CSA, for example, is a crap pollster which overestimates the left and the FN. I don't like this "omgdz right-wing pollster conspiracy!!!" much because I haven't seen much bias in Opinion Way, their polls are interesting though sometimes they have dumb questions and slightly weird result, but I don't like the idea that Opinion Way is part of a vast right-wing movement.

As for DSK, the PS is certainly secretly afraid of him. Hollande said yesterday that he wants the primaries asap, like 2011 or so, and he clearly said that they will not be postponed to make room for DSK. The PS bigwigs want their place in the sun and a DSK candidacy is not to their liking.

tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #509 on: November 16, 2009, 11:53:14 AM »

I disagree with your opinion of Royal, for reasons I've already expressed.

While OpinionWay is close to the right generally, I haven't seen any major problems in its polling like I've seen with, say, CSA. CSA, for example, is a crap pollster which overestimates the left and the FN. I don't like this "omgdz right-wing pollster conspiracy!!!" much because I haven't seen much bias in Opinion Way, their polls are interesting though sometimes they have dumb questions and slightly weird result, but I don't like the idea that Opinion Way is part of a vast right-wing movement.

As for DSK, the PS is certainly secretly afraid of him. Hollande said yesterday that he wants the primaries asap, like 2011 or so, and he clearly said that they will not be postponed to make room for DSK. The PS bigwigs want their place in the sun and a DSK candidacy is not to their liking.

As I said, concerning Opinion Way, I tend to think they could be rather close of Elysée but i don't care that's much, that's just a totally personal assumption and not a big deal for me anyways.

Concerning DSK, yeah, hadn't think about it, could make other big egos following Hollande position to wipe out DSK, yes, he clearly stated he didn't really care if the calendar couldn't allow DSK to come in. So, could still be an operation to push all these other big weak egos to wipe out DSK, thus could be done to give more chances to one of them, who are seen as weaker. Anyways, no matter what it is, such things are not a big deal for me, i just 'amuse' myself of such possibilities...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #510 on: November 20, 2009, 10:44:08 AM »

After Tony Musulin, they got the second Robin Wood. Not a good time for heroes...
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #511 on: November 20, 2009, 11:08:12 AM »

After Tony Musulin, they got the second Robin Wood. Not a good time for heroes...

They got Treiber? Wow, rather unexpected seeing how it took them nearly three months to find a guy hiding in some forest surviving on nuts.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #512 on: November 20, 2009, 11:13:58 AM »

They got Treiber? Wow, rather unexpected seeing how it took them nearly three months to find a guy hiding in some forest surviving on nuts.

Yes, they got him. Well, as you may have seen on France2 news, some people living there openly said that they could more or less help him.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #513 on: November 20, 2009, 11:17:40 AM »

Oh and, last news:

The Robin Wood, was more of a Robin Flat perhaps. He has been found in a flat in Melun, lent by one of his friend. Anyways, i count on media to give all details about it now...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #514 on: November 20, 2009, 12:11:46 PM »

Well, they are probably the nicest criminals of modern times. Though I really don't understand Musulin's purposes... Huh

Oh and, last news:

The Robin Wood, was more of a Robin Flat perhaps. He has been found in a flat in Melun, lent by one of his friend. Anyways, i count on media to give all details about it now...

Hood Wink
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #515 on: November 20, 2009, 12:23:23 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2009, 12:27:01 PM by Benwah »

Well, they are probably the nicest criminals of modern times. Though I really don't understand Musulin's purposes... Huh

Oh and, last news:

Hood Wink

For French it is Wood!! Robin des Bois Grin

Come on, there are not nice criminals, there are guys that make some crimes that's all, and they shouldn't be admired just because they broke the law/fled the authorities.

And outside of this, these ones don't spontaneously awake in me some special admiration. One fled saying he would come back for the trial, and the other one stole a large amount of money.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #516 on: November 20, 2009, 12:41:25 PM »

I don't admire them. I just don't find them immoral and therefore don't see any reason to hate them.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #517 on: November 20, 2009, 12:51:30 PM »

I don't admire them. I just don't find them immoral and therefore don't see any reason to hate them.

Well, you consider stealing not immoral?

And the other one fled the justice system before his judgment, i don't see the point.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #518 on: November 20, 2009, 12:55:09 PM »

And the other one fled the justice system before his judgment, i don't see the point.

No one really harmed the society. Anyways, the adjective "nice" was just ironical (saying "the less unnice" would probably fit better).
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #519 on: November 20, 2009, 12:57:07 PM »

No one really harmed the society.

You can't run justice like that!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #520 on: November 20, 2009, 01:09:41 PM »

Oh, damn it...
I never said I wanted justice to be ruled like that. Is it forbidden not to hate every criminal ?!?!?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #521 on: November 20, 2009, 01:35:19 PM »

Oh, damn it...
I never said I wanted justice to be ruled like that. Is it forbidden not to hate every criminal ?!?!?

Come on, wasn't speaking of hatred, i haven't for any of them...

I was just saying that as every guys who break the law they have to get some consequences, that no matter the importance of what they did, they shouldn't be indulged just because it's less important than other things, that what they have done remain immoral.

But yes, we may just agree on these generalities...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #522 on: November 20, 2009, 02:19:28 PM »

Oh, damn it...

Come on, wasn't speaking of hatred, i haven't for any of them...

I was just saying that as every guys who break the law they have to get some consequences, that no matter the importance of what they did, they shouldn't be indulged just because it's less important than other things, that what they have done remain immoral.

But yes, we may just agree on these generalities...

Indeed, we do. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #523 on: November 21, 2009, 11:33:31 AM »

BTW, Ségo is a mad woman. She proved it once again.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #524 on: November 21, 2009, 12:50:42 PM »

Didn't see the news today, i missed something?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies