No WMD produced in Iraq since 1991, says top US arms inspector (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:50:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  No WMD produced in Iraq since 1991, says top US arms inspector (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No WMD produced in Iraq since 1991, says top US arms inspector  (Read 5656 times)
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« on: October 08, 2004, 08:17:07 AM »

The Bush administration took the exact same position on Iraq in reference to WMD's that the Clinton administration did, except that one chose to do something about it while the other did not. Now they're not there, which leads me to believe we need to find them. And I hope any logical person would conclude likewise.

I would also agree that war in Iraq is part of the war on terror. When we went to war in WW II, we didn't just go to war with Japan, we went to war with Germany and Italy too.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 08:37:10 AM »

The Bush administration took the exact same position on Iraq in reference to WMD's that the Clinton administration did, except that one chose to do something about it while the other did not. Now they're not there, which leads me to believe we need to find them. And I hope any logical person would conclude likewise.

I would also agree that war in Iraq is part of the war on terror. When we went to war in WW II, we didn't just go to war with Japan, we went to war with Germany and Italy too.

True, in large part because Germany declared war on us first. If a country declares war on you, you are somewhat obligated to defend yourself by declaring war in return. I know you will probably say something to the extent that "Iraq declared war on us on 9/11" but I don't see anymore of a connection there than the 9/11 commission did.

Not really. That Saddam Hussein offered Iraq as a hiding hole for terrorists is. The 9/11 Report mentions it.

If it's true that Hussein had no WMD's, I'd then like a rebuttal on why Clinton misled the American people and the incoming Bush administration on Iraq's WMD's from someone. Pelosi and Daschle were right with Clinton on this issue too. I'm glad Bush decided to do something about it, actually, if it's true.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 09:21:46 AM »

True, in large part because Germany declared war on us first. If a country declares war on you, you are somewhat obligated to defend yourself by declaring war in return. I know you will probably say something to the extent that "Iraq declared war on us on 9/11" but I don't see anymore of a connection there than the 9/11 commission did.

Oh, one more thing about declarations of war that just occurred to me before I have to head out.

UBL declared war on us in 1996. Why didn't we respond to defend ourselves by also issuing a declaration of war, as your reasoning suggests we should have (made sense in WW II, so it should now)? No case for war, no mention of it. Clinton's attention was clearly and very much on Iraq in the late and latter middle 1990s, especially the late '90s. Huh, well if that doesn't beat all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies