No WMD produced in Iraq since 1991, says top US arms inspector (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:41:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  No WMD produced in Iraq since 1991, says top US arms inspector (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No WMD produced in Iraq since 1991, says top US arms inspector  (Read 5655 times)
DA
dustinasby
Rookie
Japan

« on: October 08, 2004, 12:53:43 AM »

Ritter was right, the CIA was wrong. He was a lone voice and people went with the majority.

This is the biggest intel mess-up in history.
"majority"? Please.

List the number of people saying that Iraq had no WMDs.

Ooo, ooo! How about the Iraqis?! Cheesy
DA
dustinasby
Rookie
Japan

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 12:55:58 AM »

You misrepresented my argument.  Here is what I said.

The argument was never that Iraq was producing them. It was that he still had stockpiles and could produce more in the future.

Its pretty clear wat my position is.  Why did you feel the need to leave half of the equation out?

It was not because we suspect that he might want to reconstitute his WMD programs at some point in the future and that's a thought crime and that's bad enough because his name is Saddam Hussein.

Now, I've gone into detail on dozens of occaisions about Saddam's WMD programs.  I don't feel the need to re-explain how the wheel works.  The fact is that Hussein was sitting on 500 tons of uranium that doesn't get mentioned in this report.

I've got no inclination to believe a report that says Saddam had no WMD after 1996, because inspectors were still finding stockpiles after 1996, because they found mustard gas laden artillery shells in December of 2002, and because banned SCUD missiles were fired at US forces in the 2003 war.

Sorry, this report is not credible.

You know I could have 10000 gallons of gasolene, but it doesn't mean I'm going to use it to torch your place. He may have had the ingredients, but there's no kitchen.
And let's not overlook the many countries that do have WMD kitchens, ourselves included.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies