Do you remember the start of the Iraq War? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:04:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you remember the start of the Iraq War? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: --
Yes

No, but I was alive

No, I wasn't born yet

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Do you remember the start of the Iraq War?  (Read 2690 times)
FairBol
United States

« on: March 03, 2017, 12:03:23 PM »

Yeah, a bit faintly though.  I recall watching as the "shock and awe" campaign got underway.  The conflict that I remember most, though, was the 90s Iraq War.  It seemed like there were reports on the war every hour or so....and that's where CNN really made their bones. 

"Something is happening...." -- Bernard Shaw, CNN, upon witnessing the first air attacks from his hotel in Baghdad
FairBol
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 12:09:25 PM »

Not to completely hijack this thread, but I remember many big historical moments from the 90s. 

The first was the Waco thing....guy named David Koresh was a leader of a large cult, and believed he was God.  I don't remember exactly why the ATF was called in, but that compound he was in went up almost literally "like the 4th of July". 

The other one that I remember very clearly (pre-9/11) was the Columbine Massacre.  I recall watching news coverage of that event in my high school's TV Production class....it was unbelievable at the time.  What historical events do you guys remember?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies