Who wins IA and NH and do they win the nomination? GOP Edition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:21:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who wins IA and NH and do they win the nomination? GOP Edition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who wins IA and NH and do they win the nomination? GOP Edition  (Read 676 times)
Bull Moose Base

« on: May 10, 2014, 10:54:16 PM »

Too early to say who'll win any of them.  However, Paul has a realistic shot at being the first candidate since Muskie to win both Iowa and NH, yet lose the nomination.

Last time, I called Romney might be the first Republican to win both and struggle to win the nomination (or did Ford do that in 76?). I was off by less than 10 votes! Though maybe he wouldn't have struggled as much if his Iowa win had stuck.

I also would bet against Paul being the nominee even if he wins Iowa and New Hampshire. I think he's way too vulnerable. But I don't like his chances in Iowa really.

Gingrich had a decent chance to be the first Republican nominee to win neither Iowa nor New Hampshire and it's possible a less flawed candidate can accomplish that this time around. This does feel like the kind of cycle it could happen.

Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 12:07:21 PM »

I am guessing that either Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee or Mike Pence will win in Iowa, while either Scott Walker or Jeb Bush will win New Hampshire.

I think on this list only Cruz and Santorum are better than 50/50 to run right now. I think Iowans will readily dump Santorum for another so-con. He only won by default last time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies