Partisan selection of delegates for Constitutional Convention. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:53:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Partisan selection of delegates for Constitutional Convention. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Partisan selection of delegates for Constitutional Convention.  (Read 6410 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: September 25, 2015, 10:18:53 PM »

This delegation selection process was very, very poorly done: that is quickly becoming clear.

So how does partisan nomination work here - do the party leaders nominate the candidates or does the Senate select them? There seems to be confusion.

Then, at the beginning of this thread it was listed that NNP was not in time to be considered for delegates, but I'm also getting the impression that they are being considered. What is going on here?

Also...are you seriously telling me that the Labor Party may end up with as many delegates from this part of the convention nomination process as a 5-member secessionist outfit? I guess it's somewhat "fair" at least, seeing how the Federalists are being matched in representation by a party with barely 10 people, and the rest of the game is forced to jockey over one seat via appointment.

This is why it needed to be 10 based on partisan affiliation like I proposed; you can't do anything remotely representative with 5, which renders it useless.

At any rate and since he was the only Laborite who ran and was not elected, I nominate bore as the "primary" delegate or whatever, assuming my party has to split 2 delegates. Under the possibility that we might actually end up with 2 appointments, then the second nomination is Kalwejt.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 06:23:31 PM »

Jesus, when did Kent de-register? Also, I could have sworn that CC was a delegate early on...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 08:27:39 PM »

I also support Classic Conservative.
Jesus, when did Kent de-register? Also, I could have sworn that CC was a delegate early on...
I resigned. Evergreen was the one that deregistered.

Ah, I missed the "respectively" comment in Cris' post.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies