President Forever Primaries Update!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:12:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever Primaries Update!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever Primaries Update!!  (Read 20355 times)
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« on: October 19, 2006, 04:45:29 PM »

I just played as Warner and lost to Clinton.  She starts with a massive advantage.  At least I came in 2nd (beating Kerry, Edwards, Clark, and Biden)
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 07:34:28 PM »

I can't believe I wasted 10 bucks on the worst AI in the history of political games.

Ya... Sad

Well the primaries are pretty cool.  But the general eelction following is EXTREMELY stupid.  If you focus on one state one turn then you lose 10 pts in Massachusetts the next turn while randomly gaining 15 pts in Wyoming.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 06:50:32 AM »

Well the primaries are pretty cool.  But the general eelction following is EXTREMELY stupid.  If you focus on one state one turn then you lose 10 pts in Massachusetts the next turn while randomly gaining 15 pts in Wyoming.

I haven't even made it to the general election once yet. Tongue

I did when I removed Clinton from the Democratic field Tongue
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 09:05:25 PM »

I think it's candidate relations.  Computer candidates always seem to have bizzarely high relationships with each other.

Then again once as Kucinich I never said anything negative at all about anyone and most of the delegates still gave their votes away to others Grin

No, I don't think it has anything to do with candidate relations, or at least that isn't the biggest factor.  I know this because I had better relations than Clinton with every single candidate save John Edwards at the time of the convention, but all of them pledged their delegates to Clinton.  I also suspect that it's stacked against the player because the time that I played as Clinton, everything was basically exactly the same as it was before, but everyone then magically decided that they liked the other guy all of a sudden.

I played as Clinton and got the plurality and then 4/6 of the others endorsed me and I won.  It's probably because you're just a negaitve person in general and it radiates into your game.  Karma.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies