Madison Cawthorn…..yikes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:33:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Madison Cawthorn…..yikes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Madison Cawthorn…..yikes  (Read 4618 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 04, 2022, 05:52:42 PM »

Good lord.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 06:36:58 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2022, 06:40:19 PM by Southern Delegate Punxsutawney Phil »

I know that bipartisanship is dead, but this idiot really is a liability for the GOP even by their standards, and I think even some in the party's leadership are recognizing that.

So, when the North Carolina Supreme Court flips Republican this year and they inevitability overturn the current fair congressional district map, can we all agree that no matter what f***ery is intended to make the map a GOP gerrymander, that Cawthorn gets drawn into a safe Democratic district? You can at least bear to part with him, right? I think that's as fair of a compromise as we all can come to for the next maps and can all be content with.

This is my modest proposal.
Wikipedia says Cawthorn lives in Hendersonville. I drew in all of Henderson County (his home turf) and Buncombe County (home to a ton of Democratic votes out of Asheville), then moving right into black parts in Charlotte, maintaining road contiguity the whole way.
Cawthorn would not be able to win a district with a high single digit Biden margin. Even in 2022.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 06:52:28 PM »

I know that bipartisanship is dead, but this idiot really is a liability for the GOP even by their standards, and I think even some in the party's leadership are recognizing that.

So, when the North Carolina Supreme Court flips Republican this year and they inevitability overturn the current fair congressional district map, can we all agree that no matter what f***ery is intended to make the map a GOP gerrymander, that Cawthorn gets drawn into a safe Democratic district? You can at least bear to part with him, right? I think that's as fair of a compromise as we all can come to for the next maps and can all be content with.

No they didn't do that, but they actually did draw the most Democratic district possible for him in their original map. They hate him so much
I drew a similar district in numerous non-partisan maps of NC over the 2010s too. Under 2010s numbers, it is possible to draw an entire district taking in every county in the hills.
It's quite a logical district to draw, one of two logical ways to do it.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 08:09:22 PM »

I LOLed so hard.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2022, 04:08:42 PM »

No they didn't do that, but they actually did draw the most Democratic district possible for him in their original map. They hate him so much
I drew a similar district in numerous non-partisan maps of NC over the 2010s too. Under 2010s numbers, it is possible to draw an entire district taking in every county in the hills.
It's quite a logical district to draw, one of two logical ways to do it.

It's definitely a reasonable way to draw it but even the Democratic proposals didn't have it. The point is to show the NC GOP hates him.
Fair.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies