Wisconsin Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:28:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 287401 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« on: September 18, 2016, 10:27:39 PM »

This race will line up with the Senate race. There won't be many Walker/Baldwin voters.
Absolutely. There is a 98% chance the same party wins both.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 11:03:52 AM »

^Grothman.. yeah, probably. Clarke? Nah. There aren't many Republicans who would get slaughtered in a midterm year in Wisconsin.
Growthman should get primaried, maybe by Scott Fitzgerald or someone. He comes across as an idiot.
Duffy should run next time, and then Gallagher runs for Johnson's seat in 2022. I like both, and they'd make a good young Senate duo that would stick around for decades and become entrenched quickly.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 12:12:42 AM »

Duffy would probably do better than Trump in the WOW counties but worse in the traditionally Democratic rural counties, unless Trump is really popular.
How? He represents WI-07, the most Trumpy district in the state, and was an early backer of Trump, who never backed down. I think Duffy is the perfect statewide candidate for Wisconsin: He does great in his home district, should do similar to Johnson in the similar WI-03 and -08, while doing well in WOW (pretty evangelical, won't like atheist lesbian progressives). He is also very well-known nationally. I see him on The Situation Room A LOT (his wife also frequently appears on TV). Funny but also very well spoken, and one of my favorite Congressmen. Republicans' ideal candidate.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 10:54:54 PM »

So are Dems in Wisconsin just complacent losers? I'm at a loss for words.

This sounds like something that would happen in Alabama.

Hard to find candidates willing to throw themselves into the Priebus/Walker machine's way. The whole state Dem party looks and acts completely spineless. It's not going to take long before moderates/swing voters start getting used to voting R by default.
Looks like Wisconsin Democrats are becoming more and more like Florida Democrats.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 07:19:27 PM »

Both Baldwin and Walker are very polarizing politicians who will face serious opponents and be targeted like there's no tomorrow. A lot of people who say they're not running later decide to jump in anyway, just think of Cory Gardner.
Connie Mack IV in 2012 is another example.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 11:42:02 AM »

For the record, I consider running against absolute nobodies the same thing as running unopposed.
I don't. There's still another name on the ballot, and the possibility of an upset.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies