Wisconsin Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 09:19:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 79
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 286073 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: April 04, 2018, 07:38:17 AM »

It looks like Duffy might be vulnerable
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1776 on: April 04, 2018, 09:46:26 AM »

The endorsements for the Milwaukee County Board by The Shepherd Expresses are like working in a salt factory. They're totally mad about King Larson losing and endorsed people strictly on if they were supported or opposed by Abele for actual issues. Good lord.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1777 on: April 04, 2018, 09:47:20 AM »

The endorsements for the Milwaukee County Board by The Shepherd Expresses are like working in a salt factory. They're totally mad about King Larson losing and endorsed people strictly on if they were supported or opposed by Abele for actual issues. Good lord.

Glad to hear Larson lost.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1778 on: April 04, 2018, 09:49:04 AM »

Oh, sorry, I meant they're salty as hell he lost last Spring, so they're endorsements this time around are all based on who opposes Abele. They endorsed Steve Taylor which is hilariously sad.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1779 on: April 04, 2018, 09:49:44 AM »

Oh, sorry, I meant they're salty as hell he lost last Spring, so they're endorsements this time around are all based on who opposes Abele. They endorsed Steve Taylor which is hilariously sad.

Gotcha. Taylor lost very narrowly. Did he concede?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1780 on: April 04, 2018, 09:50:35 AM »

Race hasn't officially been called yet I believe, last I looked it was 100% in with him being down by 23 votes. Nothing I've seen from either side.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1781 on: April 04, 2018, 09:51:49 AM »

Race hasn't officially been called yet I believe, last I looked it was 100% in with him being down by 23 votes. Nothing I've seen from either side.

Fingers crossed. Last night was a great night all around, practically everywhere. I'm surprisingly satisfied.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1782 on: April 04, 2018, 09:52:48 AM »

Fingers crossed. Last night was a great night all around, practically everywhere. I'm surprisingly satisfied.

I agree, still would have liked to see Lipscomb go down over that damn dam though but you can't win them all.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1783 on: April 04, 2018, 10:08:15 AM »

Interesting how much Screnock's percentage fell in the counties around/near Milwaukee from the first election.  From 64 to 59 in Ozaukee, from 75 to 69 in Washington, from 69 to 64 in Waukesha, from 57 to 52 in Racine.  Most of that would be from better turnout I guess, but there had to of been some voters that flipped from Screnock to Dallett.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1784 on: April 04, 2018, 10:15:22 AM »

Glad Dallet won, but the election of supreme court judges (or judges period) is still an abhorrent practice.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1785 on: April 04, 2018, 10:15:48 AM »

Glad Dallet won, but the election of supreme court judges (or judges period) is still an abhorrent practice.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1786 on: April 04, 2018, 10:28:18 AM »

Scott Walker of all people is now afraid of a "blue wave".

Holy sh**t. My wife came into my room to bring me a ham and cheese sandwich and I literally screamed at her and slapped it out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my wife but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the f-cking f-ck is he losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a f-cking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a state without unions. I want Screnock to be on the Wisconsin Supreme Court and let me remove Democrats from the voter rolls. I cannot f-cking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought he was polling well in Wisconsin?? This is so f-cked.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1787 on: April 04, 2018, 10:51:08 AM »

Holy sh**t. My wife came into my room to bring me a ham and cheese sandwich and I literally screamed at her and slapped it out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my wife but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the f-cking f-ck is he losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a f-cking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a state without unions. I want Screnock to be on the Wisconsin Supreme Court and let me remove Democrats from the voter rolls. I cannot f-cking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought he was polling well in Wisconsin?? This is so f-cked.

I believe wasting a ham and cheese sandwich is an impeachable offense in Wisconsin
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1788 on: April 04, 2018, 10:52:19 AM »

I believe wasting a ham and cheese sandwich is an impeachable offense in Wisconsin

No, that's beer, brats and cheese curds.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1789 on: April 04, 2018, 03:33:22 PM »

Some parts of Madison were very excited yesterday:

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1790 on: April 04, 2018, 04:18:15 PM »

Some parts of Madison were very excited yesterday:

Holy crap Olbrich! That's presidential turnout, if not slightly better than.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1791 on: April 04, 2018, 04:28:49 PM »

I wonder if the looming trade war will cause Screnrock to fall a bit versus his primary numbers in agricultural areas of Wisconsin, particularly in the north.

I do think that the threat of tariffs swung that weird tendril of north-central Wisconsin counties towards Dallet, flipping them vs the primary. I may have overestimated the impact, but this phenomenon seems to have manifested itself in that region.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1792 on: April 04, 2018, 04:34:49 PM »

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1793 on: April 04, 2018, 05:46:28 PM »

Most Wisconsinites are too busy working to vote on a random Tuesday in April for a low profile office.  This economy is affecting us all. 
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1794 on: April 04, 2018, 07:28:59 PM »

America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1795 on: April 04, 2018, 07:43:39 PM »

P.S. per Miles, Dallet outperformed Obama 2008 in Dane by 15 points.
That's amazing. what explains her underperformence in Menominee County though?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1796 on: April 04, 2018, 07:46:31 PM »

Minority turnout was down across the board.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1797 on: April 04, 2018, 07:47:54 PM »

It's mostly an Indian reservation and they didn't turn out.  Of course, Dane cast 133,000 votes while Menominee cast 150 so she chose the right county to overperform
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1798 on: April 04, 2018, 07:52:07 PM »

Minority turnout was down across the board.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1799 on: April 05, 2018, 12:01:12 AM »

I do think these elections are indicative of a Democratic national environment however I think the strength is being overstated. In these April elections the turnout is skewed to the most motivated base of people. We can see that clearly with the insane results in Dane county. I do think Walker is in serious trouble but unlikely we will see blowouts like this for the Governor or Senate race in 2018.

I think the most disappointing result for me was the referendum. Weird how the state elected the guy who ran on abolishing the treasury department and then years later vote overwhelmingly against such action.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies