Wisconsin Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:15:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 79
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 286098 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: April 04, 2018, 12:20:23 AM »

Just got off work not too long ago, and don't have anything to contribute to the conversation at this point....

Just wanted to say that usually on Election Nights in America when I'm working, first thing I do is check the topline numbers when I get homes, and then go back in time on the appropriate Atlas Forum from the early turnout numbers, etc through pages and pages of posts to feel like I am there at that previous moment in time as the results are coming in.

Thank you all for your live detailed live coverage and analysis of this election, and obviously there is ton's of more detailed raw data yet to mine, especially potential implications for the 2018 General Election in the Great State of Wisconsin.....    Smiley

One question I have, and not sure if I missed it, do we have unofficial final turnout numbers by County yet?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1751 on: April 04, 2018, 12:48:00 AM »

Just got off work not too long ago, and don't have anything to contribute to the conversation at this point....

Just wanted to say that usually on Election Nights in America when I'm working, first thing I do is check the topline numbers when I get homes, and then go back in time on the appropriate Atlas Forum from the early turnout numbers, etc through pages and pages of posts to feel like I am there at that previous moment in time as the results are coming in.

Thank you all for your live detailed live coverage and analysis of this election, and obviously there is ton's of more detailed raw data yet to mine, especially potential implications for the 2018 General Election in the Great State of Wisconsin.....    Smiley

One question I have, and not sure if I missed it, do we have unofficial final turnout numbers by County yet?

To my knowledge, no, but estimates had Dane at around 47% turnout, Waukesha at about 30%, and MKE at about 35%.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #1752 on: April 04, 2018, 01:04:21 AM »

Yes https://www.wisconsinvote.org/election-results
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1753 on: April 04, 2018, 01:26:56 AM »

Based on what we have seen for most of 2017 and 2018...how the hell did Ossof lose?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1754 on: April 04, 2018, 01:38:14 AM »

Based on what we have seen for most of 2017 and 2018...how the hell did Ossof lose?
The resistance was still making baby steps plus Russiagate/ACA vote failing/and an millions of Trump bs episodes didn't happen yet
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1755 on: April 04, 2018, 01:40:03 AM »

Cause a congressman got shot, and it was blamed on the resistance.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1756 on: April 04, 2018, 01:41:29 AM »

Based on what we have seen for most of 2017 and 2018...how the hell did Ossoff lose?

Kathy Griffin + Didn't live in the district + Strong R candidate + Democrats spent too much money
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1757 on: April 04, 2018, 01:44:28 AM »

Based on what we have seen for most of 2017 and 2018...how the hell did Ossoff lose?

Kathy Griffin + Didn't live in the district + Strong R candidate + Democrats spent too much money
GA-06 was going to be tough ground in the first place. Romney won this seat by 23 points.
The demographics of the seat are the single biggest factor to blame.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1758 on: April 04, 2018, 01:49:17 AM »

P.S. per Miles, Dallet outperformed Obama 2008 in Dane by 15 points.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1759 on: April 04, 2018, 01:49:43 AM »

LMAO!
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1760 on: April 04, 2018, 01:52:40 AM »

LMAO!

Uh, reminder that this was a literal GOP ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAGv2LAfnng
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1761 on: April 04, 2018, 01:55:02 AM »

LMAO!

Uh, reminder that this was a literal GOP ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAGv2LAfnng

And?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1762 on: April 04, 2018, 01:56:59 AM »

LMAO!

And?

This really needs explaining? Her comments about Assassinating the President were seen as quite extreme by most people, they got her fired off all the network news gigs she had at the time (including her longtime role on CNN's new years event), and were re purposed by the GOP for the Ossoff race to great success.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1763 on: April 04, 2018, 02:00:26 AM »

This really needs explaining? Her comments about Assassinating the President were seen as quite extreme by most people, they got her fired off all the network news gigs she had at the time (including her longtime role on CNN's new years event), and were re purposed by the GOP for the Ossoff race to great success.

People swayed by an ad about a comedian saying stupid stuff weren't going to vote for Ossoff even if he ran against Roy Moore.
If Kathy Griffin was their excuse for voting Republican, bless their hearts.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1764 on: April 04, 2018, 02:02:38 AM »

People swayed by an ad about a comedian saying stupid stuff weren't going to vote for Ossoff even if he ran against Roy Moore.

Even if they were never going to vote Ossoff, Kathy Griffin gave them a reason to turnout for a special election.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1765 on: April 04, 2018, 02:03:45 AM »

Even if they were never going to vote Ossoff, Kathy Griffin gave them a reason to turnout for a special election.

Nope, that was done by the insane nationalization of the race by the media.
DemocraticKing
Rookie

« Reply #1766 on: April 04, 2018, 02:04:06 AM »

LMAO!

as was this crap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh7ZiddrkmI
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1767 on: April 04, 2018, 05:45:37 AM »

Ossoff's race was too early for a big swing.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1768 on: April 04, 2018, 05:54:50 AM »

Ossoff was also an awful candidate
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1769 on: April 04, 2018, 06:03:25 AM »

No he wasn't. He ran a pretty good campaign for a rookie.
Not all losers are awful candidates and it wasn't Ossoff's fault that a more experienced candidate didn't step up.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1770 on: April 04, 2018, 06:55:14 AM »

No he wasn't. He ran a pretty good campaign for a rookie.
Not all losers are awful candidates and it wasn't Ossoff's fault that a more experienced candidate didn't step up.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1771 on: April 04, 2018, 07:06:34 AM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1772 on: April 04, 2018, 07:19:58 AM »

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1773 on: April 04, 2018, 07:23:26 AM »

- It's pretty freaking nuts that WI-02 voted to the left of WI-04.
- Dallet would have won WI-01 if there was no Waukesha County in that district. Its inclusion is that much of an anchor for conservatives. Hopefully we get fair redistricting in 2021 and that gets removed.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1774 on: April 04, 2018, 07:29:40 AM »

Dems theoretically have four pickup opportunities come fall, in all likelihood it's just 3, I don't think Ryan is going to lose.

Happy to see my hometown, Greendale, went for Dallet 2004-1945, usually is around 53-56% for the Republican so just good to see.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies