1888 U.S. Presidential Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:58:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  1888 U.S. Presidential Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
President Grover Cleveland (Union-New York)/Vice President Henry Adams (Union-Massachusetts)
General George Custer (People's Alliance-Michigan)/Senator Joseph Smith (People's Alliance-Illinois)
Governor Zebulon Vance (Whig-North Carolina)/Senator Henry Teller (Whig-Babel)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: 1888 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 3673 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 18, 2014, 11:18:07 AM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 02:08:08 PM »

Ah heck, I'll go with Vance. EDIT: And of course, the one time I choose the non-Radical/People's Alliance candidate, they're in third place.

People should support Custer/Smith then, I guess.

He's one vote away from first place Tongue

I'd urge everyone to support Vance/Teller. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 10:03:25 AM »

Goddammit, it's 12-11-11! How about we vote for the next one of Vance or Custer to get a vote?

Nah, its going to the House regardless.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 12:33:01 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2014, 12:34:58 PM by Malcolm X »

If the election does go to the House, wouldn't it need to be the second round of the House vote (so that we don't just redo the election with the same candidates).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 08:05:19 AM »

If we assume the first House round would be just like this (which it almost certainly will be) and that Custer and Vance go to the second round, and therefore that we bosses are to be kingmakers, I propose a Vance/Smith unity ticket (and possibly a merger).

I dunno how much influence we actually have, but if we can decide that, that sounds alright. I assume it'd be called the People's Alliance?

I think the good course now would be for the Destiny and Whig parties to merge into the PA.

Despite being a Whig who played a leading role in the opposition to a merger in this election, I am inclined to agree barring a completely unexpected development or candidate (btw, I thought the destiny party already merged).  However, if there isn't a merger, I'd like to add as a note to the author that Bryan should probably be an option at both party's conventions since he ran for (and won) both the Democratic and Populist nominations IRL.  Additionally, Vance should probably be an option for The People's Alliance if there is a merger, its hard to imagine that an incumbent President's party would merge and ditch him/her entirely.  Of course, this all assumes Vance wins which is far from certain Tongue  We certainly got an exciting election though Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 03:52:29 PM »

General George Custer (People's Alliance-Michigan)/Senator Joseph Smith (People's Alliance-Illinois) 147 electoral votes, 35.7% of the popular vote
Governor Zebulon Vance (Whig-North Carolina)/Senator Henry Teller (Whig-Babel), 168 electoral votes, 33.3% of the popular vote
President Grover Cleveland (Union-New York)/Vice President Henry Adams (Union-Massachusetts) 94 electoral votes, 31% of the popular vote

Awesome map Smiley  I eagerly await the analysis/explanation for this roller-coaster of an election!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies