Is leftism pro-Islam? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:21:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is leftism pro-Islam? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is leftism pro-Islam?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Is leftism pro-Islam?  (Read 13403 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: March 14, 2008, 08:28:50 AM »

What it means is that my country doesn't trump my support for human rights, for example it means I still think Pinochet is scum (dazzleman once said I was anti-American for hating him).  dazzleman also said he considers the Saudi Royals better than Hugo Chavez and judges them ONLY on how well they get along with the US, while I say Chavez is far better because he doesn't run a theocratic police state.

The only way to judge a nation outside our borders is on how the support the US. I see no reason to whine and cry about people in Saudi Arabia as long as the oil continues to pump. Now, if the oil doesn't continue to pump out of Venezuela, we have a responsibility to shoot Chavez and replace him with someone pro-American.

We have a responsibility??? please...that kind of idiotic thinking got us into Iraq. We do not even have the right to interfere in other countries' affairs, let alone the responsibility.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 10:04:02 AM »

We have a responsibility??? please...that kind of idiotic thinking got us into Iraq. We do not even have the right to interfere in other countries' affairs, let alone the responsibility.

Why's that?

So if I understand you correctly: it makes no diference if a government was democratically elected, and retains popular support from its people, but if it isn't a U.S. ally, or even worse, if it actively criticizes the U.S., then we have an obligation to remove its leaders from power, even if it poses no acute threat to us. See some problems with that reasoning?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies