The 12 Mason Dixon polls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:35:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  The 12 Mason Dixon polls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 12 Mason Dixon polls  (Read 2130 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: November 05, 2006, 04:34:58 AM »

http://www.sacbee.com/111/story/71766.html

Arizona -- Republican Sen. Jon Kyl led Democrat Jim Pederson, 49-41 percent, with 3 percent supporting another candidate and 7 percent undecided.

Maryland -- Democratic U.S. Rep. Ben Cardin led Republican Lt. Gov. Michael Steele, 47-44 percent, with less than 1 percent favoring another candidate and 9 percent undecided.

Michigan -- Democratic Sen. Debbie Stabenow led Republican Mike Bouchard by 53-37 percent, with 3 percent supporting other candidates and 7 percent undecided.

Missouri -- Democratic state Auditor Claire McCaskill led incumbent Republican Sen. Jim Talent by 46-45 percent, with 2 percent supporting other candidates and 7 percent undecided.

Montana -- Republican Sen. Conrad Burns and Democrat Jon Tester, the state Senate president, were tied at 47 percent each, with 1 percent supporting another candidate and 5 percent undecided. Burns had been trailing through the fall.

New Jersey -- Incumbent Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez led Republican Tom Kean Jr., a state senator, by 48-41 percent, his widest lead yet. He led earlier, 45-42 percent. Another 3 percent support other candidates and 8 percent are undecided.

Ohio -- Democrat Rep. Sherrod Brown led incumbent Republican Sen. Mike DeWine by 50-44 percent, with 1 percent supporting another candidate and 5 percent undecided.

Pennsylvania -- Democrat Bob Casey Jr., the state treasurer, led incumbent Republican Sen. Rick Santorum by 52-39 percent, with 2 percent supporting other candidates and 7 percent undecided.

Rhode Island -- Incumbent Republican Sen. Lincoln Chafee led Democrat Sheldon Whitehouse, 46-45 percent, with 9 percent undecided. Two weeks ago, Whitehouse led, 48-43.

Tennessee -- Republican Bob Corker, the former mayor of Chattanooga, led Democrat Rep. Harold Ford Jr. by 50-38 percent, with 3 percent supporting other candidates and 9 percent undecided. Corker took a narrow lead several weeks ago after trailing weeks before.

Virginia -- Democratic challenger James Webb led incumbent Republican Sen. George Allen, 46-45 percent. It's the first time Webb has ever held an edge in a Mason-Dixon poll.

Washington -- Incumbent Democratic Sen. Maria Cantwell led Republican Mike McGavick, 54-38 percent, opening the widest lead she's held all fall. Another 7 percent were undecided, and 1 percent supported other candidates.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 10:02:41 AM »

I find these polls pretty alarming. If we lose Rhode Island, Montana or Maryland - much less all three - it would be a disaster.

I've heard that Mason Dixon is the most respected polling firm out there. What is the reasoning behind this if it is true?

I hope that the M-D poll in RI is what they got in MN in 2004. They got it wrong then. Whitehouse will slightly win I think.

In MD I still think Cardin will win.

MT - ? Could be the tightest race, together with MO and VA.

But gains are ahead I suppose - I think thereīs no need to worry about PA and OH anymore. The Dems should have both in the pocket.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 01:00:08 PM »

Harry...no offence intended, but what does their MN result in 2004 have to do with anything?  Unless used to support the point that Mason-Dixon is not totally infalable...

I think that was just his point.

Exactly. I just thought, given all recent RI polls, that MD has produced some kind of an outlier here. They donīt have to be right on every race. Therefore the comparison with MN 2004. This has not to be the case though. MD could really be right and Chafee wins. Itīs all in the MoE.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies