FiveThirtyEight Governor Ratings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:57:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FiveThirtyEight Governor Ratings
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FiveThirtyEight Governor Ratings  (Read 1548 times)
JRP1994

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2014, 09:52:42 PM »

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/governors-forecasts-a-lot-of-close-races/

New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 10:07:16 PM »

80% chance of Charlie winning Smiley
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 10:18:52 PM »

If you give CT to Malloy (which will likely happen after PPP shows him ahead tomorrow) and count Bill Walker as a Dem, this would be a +3 net for Dems, making the governorships 26-24 GOP. Building!
Recalcuate

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 12:33:48 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2014, 12:38:45 AM by Recalcuate »

If you give CT to Malloy (which will likely happen after PPP shows him ahead tomorrow) and count Bill Walker as a Dem, this would be a +3 net for Dems, making the governorships 26-24 GOP. Building!

You do realize Walker was endorsed by Sarah Palin, right? He's hardly a Democrat. He's an independent without a need to caucus with anyone.

In your scenario, it would be D+2, R-3, I+1.

So many coin flips here that could go either way. The governors races will be probably more fun to watch than the Senate races on Tuesday.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 12:38:43 AM »

Good, I was beginning to think 538 wasn't going to do Gov. forecasts. Overall, lines up well with the CW.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 01:06:19 AM »

You do realize Walker was endorsed by Sarah Palin, right? He's hardly a Democrat. He's an independent without a need to caucus with anyone.

So many coin flips here that could go either way. The governors races will be probably more fun to watch than the Senate races on Tuesday.

There is no governor "caucus", so it's irrelevant. Walker's running mate is a Democrat and he signed onto several Democratic wish lists in order to get their support.
Recalcuate

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 01:12:11 AM »

There is no governor "caucus", so it's irrelevant. Walker's running mate is a Democrat and he signed onto several Democratic wish lists in order to get their support.

Calling it D+3 is inaccurate. That's all I was pointing out. I am well aware there's no "caucus."
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 08:43:13 AM »

While I expect Haley to win easily, I don't expect her to rack up a 16 point MoV, especially now that Ervin has dropped from the race.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 09:32:51 AM »

That seems presumptuous
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 10:34:13 AM »

That seems presumptuous

They showed Malloy up 8 (6 without Visconti) when Quinnipiac showed it tied, so it's a relatively safe bet that Malloy will be up at least one, since Quinnipiac says its tied again.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies