Only Half of All Republicans Want Donald Trump as Their 2024 Nominee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:37:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Only Half of All Republicans Want Donald Trump as Their 2024 Nominee
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Only Half of All Republicans Want Donald Trump as Their 2024 Nominee  (Read 879 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2022, 11:09:55 AM »

This number is unfortunately not as significant as many might think it is. Only about half of Republicans wanted Trump as nominee back in 2016, but look how that turned out. As long as Trump support is unified but Trump opposition is not, Trump support will win, every single time.

I beg to differ -considering where we were last year, I think this is quite a significant change.  And if Ron DeSantis decides to run, and manages to unite the opposition (which he stands a very good chance of doing), the 2024 GOP primary will be very interesting to behold.    
I’m still struggling to figure out why ‘Trump, but less dumb’ is the preferred anti-Trump choice.

DeSantis won't try to perform a coup if he loses an election.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2022, 11:13:48 AM »

Yes, because the general refrain from non-college conservatives is how the suburban middle/upper middle class college educated people are the stupid ones who made their lives crap. Meanwhile they bent themselves over, applied the lube for Republican policies.
You're not making the point you think you're making, champ.

Anyhow, the democrats are increasingly the party of upper middle class college whites:

BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2022, 11:15:58 AM »

DeSantis is to Trump's right on virtually every issue except the environment and immigration bro. Doesn't that matter?

Would you rather Ted Cruz or Rand Paul than Trump too?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2022, 11:30:50 AM »

DeSantis is to Trump's right on virtually every issue except the environment and immigration bro. Doesn't that matter?

Would you rather Ted Cruz or Rand Paul than Trump too?

Yes.

I would rather have someone who believes in and stands for American democracy.

There could be a candidate who agrees with me on every single issue but if they attempt a coup I won’t support them.

It’s not about politics and issues; it’s about patriotism.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2022, 11:32:37 AM »

Yes.

There could be a candidate who agrees with me on every single issue but if they attempt a coup I won’t support them.

Is there a limit? What if it's Trump vs someone who wants to overturn gay marriage? Or a literal segregationist?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2022, 12:01:56 PM »

Yes.

Is there a limit? What if it's Trump vs someone who wants to overturn gay marriage? Or a literal segregationist?

That won’t happen. We’re talking about the current Democratic Party here.

But for the sake of argument…in that weird scenario, I wouldn’t vote for the segregationist/gay marriage opposer…and I wouldn’t vote for the guy who once attempted a coup.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2022, 01:18:17 PM »

I’m still struggling to figure out why ‘Trump, but less dumb’ is the preferred anti-Trump choice.
Classism. A lot of suburban upper middle class college educated republicans hate non-college white and hispanic voters.
Classism. A lot of suburban upper middle class college educated republicans hate non-college white and hispanic voters.

Yes, because the general refrain from non-college conservatives is how the suburban middle/upper middle class college educated people are the stupid ones who made their lives crap. Meanwhile they bent themselves over, applied the lube for Republican policies.

Can we just acknowledge how silly it is that the standard bearer for ‘working class’ Republicans is an old, effete rich guy from New York City whose admin’s primary hallmarks were upper class tax cuts and personal profiteering?
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2022, 01:34:44 PM »

Can we just acknowledge how silly it is that the standard bearer for ‘working class’ Republicans is an old, effete rich guy from New York City whose admin’s primary hallmarks were upper class tax cuts and personal profiteering?
Trump talks like the WWC and has marketed to them for his entire adult life. Besides, the working class of both parties have always appreciated class traitors.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2022, 01:59:23 PM »

Trump talks like the WWC and has marketed to them for his entire adult life. Besides, the working class of both parties have always appreciated class traitors.
No he doesn’t. The working class don’t talk like drooling idiots with third grade vocabularies.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2022, 05:55:53 PM »

"Only" ?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2022, 07:22:59 PM »

I wouldn't be as overjoyed as some DeSuckass supporters are from this. If we get the Florida Man primary between both him and Trump, and he wins, don't expect Trump to go out gracefully. Have you seen what's been happening over the past two years? Do you remember "how stupid are the people of Iowa" (very, evidently)? A primary loss from him may very well spurn him into running as an Independent and causing a 1912 situation.

At least that's what I want to happen, which means it won't now.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies