State Legislative Elections 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:11:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  State Legislative Elections 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Legislative Elections 2004  (Read 8898 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: October 08, 2004, 06:51:59 AM »

The 50th Assembly District of Wisconsin and Illinois District 53 might just go Libertarian, though the former has a better chance.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 02:33:15 PM »

Phillip, there are never polls for state legislative elections.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 06:59:08 PM »

Well first of all, that's not true. Of course it isn't nationwide news but polls are conducted for local races.

And like Philip said, if polls are "never" taken for these races, how would you know what the Libertarian chances are?

I stated they had a chance - at least a better one than most Libertarians do. I've given the full reasons their chances are better in another thread, which shouldn't be too old, so look for it. In short, Kuester has a chance because the district is very libertarian leaning and he has managed to get more funding than the incumbant, Bludorn has a chance because redistricting made the disctrict more conservative and the incumbant is a liberal Republican. They could still lose, but I think their chances are good.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 12:18:07 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2004, 12:25:52 PM by John Dibble »

How good do you think their chances are? 50/50?

It would be good progress, but I'm just not convinced. I guess we'll see.

Maybe 55% for Kuester, since the incumbant has done nothing but bring attention to him(which resulted in positive press for him, negative for her). 40% for Bludorn, depending on how hard he works, since his campaign is very grassroots due to lack of funding.

Of course, I could just be overly optimistic, but if anyone here lives in those areas please throw our guys some votes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies