Confirmation Hearing: Enduro for GM (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:51:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Enduro for GM (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Enduro for GM  (Read 2270 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: February 02, 2016, 09:48:19 PM »

I think Enduro could make a good GM. His inexperience is a worry, sure, but how many "experienced" people do we have that are willing?

I also agree with Blair's take--that more interesting events make for a far better Atlasia. The art of being the GM is to make things interesting without pissing too many people off--a major step in making Atlasia more active is to have a GM that can master this fine line of, shall we say, interest without insanity, and grumpy people not driving him/her out of office due to their unhappiness of a valid story. Maybe we can make a set of guidelines for GMs--kind of like a "style guide?" Elements of Game Moderation? Although that's more of a meta concern and off the important topic at hand--Enduro's confirmation hearing.

And DKrol--the concerns you're raising might be valid to a degree, but your saying it with the tact of a machine gun. Asking the necessary questions is a good thing, but don't risk turning a confirmation hearing into a flame war. And in this case you're less asking questions and more saying flat out that "Enduro's not fit for the office." Just start there: pretend that you're undecided, it'll go a long way in avoiding conflict and finding good answers.

Regarding the "triumvirate," Adam's spot-on--that their kind of is one, but constitutionally the GM is the head of it. BUT...I'm willing to bet Enduro would take criticism and suggestions:

I already have experienced some of the Atlasian mudslinging too. From Winfield and Dkrolga, Winfield wasn't as much as Dkrol; I respect both players, and don't hold anything against them, because they were mostly right.

Especially with the added emphasis, this sounds to me like he'd be more than willing to correct mistakes as they come, and accept criticism, without need for a formal tribunal.

Not that I get a vote, but I'd like to ask the nominee a question: what do you plan to do to keep your powers in check--as in, consulting with the SoI, SoS, and perhaps others to help create an interesting but not insane stream of storylines?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 03:38:04 AM »

To Enduro:

Well, I presume they could report on real-life stories unless they conflict yours, correct? Such as, if a foreign leader visits Atlanta in real life, that could be mentioned in The Southern Biscuit, but if that foreign leader was killed off in-game last week, or you simply want to take a different direction, they couldn't.

I mean, that's how I interpret Atlasian reality, although I've never been GM.

To DKrol:

Maybe you're having a bad day or something, but you seem far too angry at him. I get why you think he's unqualified--as I said, his inexperience is a valid concern--but it doesn't warrant asking him if he can speak English. Since none of our attempts worked, I'll try a silly webcomic to get the point across:

See? Now, just take a deep breath and handle this like the mature people I know you two are. Don't start World War 3 on the senate floor.

[Christie] Sometimes it takes a Governor to get anything done instead of just arguing! [/Christie] Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies