Why the Cain Train will (sadly) be derailed eventually. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:06:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why the Cain Train will (sadly) be derailed eventually. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the Cain Train will (sadly) be derailed eventually.  (Read 4895 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: October 05, 2011, 12:39:16 PM »

In Cain's case, he's not taken seriously because he's ultra-right-wing and (...) he's completely clueless on foreign affairs. Completely.
Yet they took Bachmann seriously.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
(and a Black Republican to boot... let's face it, such people exist for the purpose of light entertainment) may actually be more important in the context of point 1 than in the context you mention it. A Black man just needs to jump through more hoops to be acceptable to your average Republican voter than a White man, but Cain is willing and happy to jump through all of them. While singing the "America the Beautiful" backwards and juggling red white and blue golfballs, if that's what it takes.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 12:40:51 PM »

The powers that be will end him if he becomes a serious threat.

what are they going to do, stuff the ballot boxes, reprogram the voting machines, burn a cross in his front yard?
Pay someone to burn a cross - and your Cain yard signs - in your front yard.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »

Nah. This race is (probably. Well, as good a guess as any, anyways) mostly about being the non-Romney at the right moment. Once you've achieved that, the nomination's in the bag.

Of course, I said that about the Democratic nomination process four years ago, with Hilary as Romney. And while I was right... most potential contenders clearly didn't see it that way, or there would have been far more of them.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 01:22:59 PM »

look, Cain could have called his simple plan a complicated name like "Flat 9% Income, Sales, and Corporate Tax Plan for building a 21st Century American Economy"...but he has a enough marketing sense to simply call it 999, which opens up an opportunity to explain his simple plan in 30 seconds.
Doesn't it sound multiple alarm bells with anyone who's read Revelation and looked at a picture of Cain's forehead, though?
Oh wait, didn't the original Cain also bear a sign there (Cain's mark)... but the dark skin is Ham's curse, nothing to do with any of these... sheesh, I need to get my story straightened out.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 01:34:58 PM »

look, Cain could have called his simple plan a complicated name like "Flat 9% Income, Sales, and Corporate Tax Plan for building a 21st Century American Economy"...but he has a enough marketing sense to simply call it 999, which opens up an opportunity to explain his simple plan in 30 seconds.
Doesn't it sound multiple alarm bells with anyone who's read Revelation and looked at a picture of Cain's forehead, though?
Oh wait, didn't the original Cain also bear a sign there (Cain's mark)... but the dark skin is Ham's curse, nothing to do with any of these... sheesh, I need to get my story straightened out.

I see you've been IM'ing with prophetman, who is probably flipping out right about now  Tongue
Nah, that racist lunatic'd have his biblical quotes a lot straighter. I was just associating freely. (By the way, there are no marks whatsoever on Cain's forehead... but it does look like there might be, on some pics, when reproduced in low quality. Such as the one in E's sig. In other words, about as rational a belief as the belief in holes in Obama's Hawaiian birth story.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies