George W. Bush told Jim Clyburn he was “the savior” for endorsing Biden and helping beat Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 07:39:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  George W. Bush told Jim Clyburn he was “the savior” for endorsing Biden and helping beat Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George W. Bush told Jim Clyburn he was “the savior” for endorsing Biden and helping beat Trump  (Read 3516 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« on: January 20, 2021, 11:24:40 PM »

He can say he was "the savior," I really don't care.
But any help he gave, to defeat and remove the Orange Buffoon ... then I am 100% grateful.

This about the primary obviously. SC still voted for Trump.

The argument at hand here, of course, is that only Biden winning the primary would've resulted in Trump losing the general. You don't have to agree with that argument, but at least acknowledge that that's the argument that's being made.

The story here is that Bush much prefers Biden to Bernie and the electability argument is bogus. Kerry, McCain, Romney, and Hillary were supposed to be electable and lost.

Losing an election doesn't mean the candidate was "unelectable". Grow up.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 11:49:46 PM »

He can say he was "the savior," I really don't care.
But any help he gave, to defeat and remove the Orange Buffoon ... then I am 100% grateful.

This about the primary obviously. SC still voted for Trump.

The argument at hand here, of course, is that only Biden winning the primary would've resulted in Trump losing the general. You don't have to agree with that argument, but at least acknowledge that that's the argument that's being made.

The story here is that Bush much prefers Biden to Bernie and the electability argument is bogus. Kerry, McCain, Romney, and Hillary were supposed to be electable and lost.

Losing an election doesn't mean the candidate was "unelectable". Grow up.

The "electable" candidates have a poor track record that show that "electable" really is a red herring.

I feel like your chosen candidates have a much poorer track record. Good luck!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies