NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:03:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO!  (Read 50102 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 11, 2018, 05:42:23 PM »

Do voters actually care if their U.S. representative even lives in their district or not? I feel like that line of attack never really works. Another state, yes, but another district?

It's more so that Crowley lives in Virginia, rather than in New York. His children go to schools in Arlington too, and ACO has been hitting him on that. It's quite a bit different from say, representing CA-45 but actually living in CA-48.

https://nypost.com/2011/07/08/queens-democratic-party-boss-lives-in-northern-virginia/
I hope he loses. He doesn't even think the schools there are good enough for his children to go to. I would personally be offended if he were my representative. Him being white makes it look even worse. He comes across as a latte liberal.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 05:51:27 PM »

Remind me again, why are we supposed to suddenly hate Crowley?

He's a bland machine hack who voted for the Bush tax cuts and Iraq War. Comparable to Feinstein. Not the worst Democrat in the House but no reason to not support a far more progressive challenger over him.

Yeah, but the optics of a member of leadership losing their primary would be awful.
Um, regular voters don't even know who he is. He is a latte liberal who lives in the quiet suburbs of Northern Virginia and thinks his children are too good to attend the public schools in the district he represents. He doesn't represent the interests of the people who live there. Unfortunately he will coast on name recognition and incumbency.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 07:03:21 PM »

Remind me again, why are we supposed to suddenly hate Crowley?

He's a bland machine hack who voted for the Bush tax cuts and Iraq War. Comparable to Feinstein. Not the worst Democrat in the House but no reason to not support a far more progressive challenger over him.

Yeah, but the optics of a member of leadership losing their primary would be awful.
Um, regular voters don't even know who he is. He is a latte liberal who lives in the quiet suburbs of Northern Virginia and thinks his children are too good to attend the public schools in the district he represents. He doesn't represent the interests of the people who live there. Unfortunately he will coast on name recognition and incumbency.

While I'm sure you mean well and I get that you probably aren't doing this on purpose, but the bolded part is a complete BS attack when used against any member of Congress.  And regular voters will know who he is if the media spends a week doing nothing but concern trolling about how DEMS IN DISARRAY AS TOP LEADER LOSES TO NO NAME BERNIEBRO or some such nonsense.  

More importantly though, it'd be much appreciated if – in the interest of intellectual honesty and having a real discussion – you could respond to the points from my mega-post detailing why progressives are far better off with Crowley in office (at least until after 2022 or so) regardless of any Bush-era apostasies instead of just picking the weakest argument and ignoring every other point I made (no offense).

P.S: No self-respecting Democrat should be unironically using the term "latte liberal." Tongue
You very well may be right in the posts you made. I'm just reacting strictly off emotion, which I can do without consequence since I don't live there. LOL.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 04:43:38 PM »

AOC rocked that debate! I just donated to her. Get Crowley out!

Crowley thinks paying lip service to social issues here and there and rebuking Trump is enough to wade the waters, but it is not. He does not represent the interests of this district. I really hope people turn out.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 03:53:17 PM »

A lot of these "woke" progressive challengers seem mean and entitled they run on identity and cast anyone against them as racist or prejudice.
White male centrists run on identity all the time. How many times has the non-white Democratic base been told to support bland white males who speak in platitudes on racism and classism because they are "more electable"?

And she hasn't been running on her identity. She acknowledged her mother was Puerto Rican once. Oh the horror.

Meanwhile I've seen White politicians say "I'm Greek/German/Italian/Jewish/Polish etc." all the time but somehow they aren't running on identity. LOL.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 03:56:30 PM »

And what makes you think she's a loony?
Any non-white candidate is considered "loony" and "far left" by him. He wants to say we are only supporting candidates because of identity but he dismisses a candidate's viability and knowledge of the issues the moment he sees they are not a white man.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 06:38:36 PM »

I hope all the feckless, weak liberals like Joe Crowley go down in flames tonight.  It's time to throw out the good-for-nothing old guard.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 09:00:04 PM »

I'm shaking. Congratulations Congresswoman!
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 09:31:44 PM »

Queen!

People that live in Virginia have no business representing New Yorkers.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 12:40:17 AM »

Yes, because young latino people really are the champions of the WWC vote...
Shut up.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 07:38:53 AM »

There is nothing wrong with what AOC said. Crowley has had no problem maneuvering and finagling around NY’s morally bankrupt election laws when it was to his benefit now when it’s not he wants to play dumb and stupid. Give me a f’ing break. Roll Eyes
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 10:25:02 AM »

Of course the resident establishment hacks are going to defend Crowley sneaking his way on the ballot through electoral technicalities and even somehow find a way to turn this into an attack on AOC. Pathetic.
God forbid he correctly change his address to Virginia. LOL.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 11:54:15 AM »

Of course the resident establishment hacks are going to defend Crowley sneaking his way on the ballot through electoral technicalities and even somehow find a way to turn this into an attack on AOC. Pathetic.
God forbid he correctly change his address to Virginia. LOL.
Crowley doesn't live in Virginia. LOL.
He works in DC, his kids go to school in Virginia, but he lives in New York? K.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies