SB 2018-319: Atlasian School Safety Expansion Act (Final Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:27:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2018-319: Atlasian School Safety Expansion Act (Final Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2018-319: Atlasian School Safety Expansion Act (Final Vote)  (Read 2048 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« on: October 30, 2018, 02:24:49 AM »

As a separate matter, the January 1, 2019, deadline is probably unrealistic given we are now in November already(and this bill was written much earlier in 2018), so probably should be moved forward.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 02:43:56 AM »

With checkpoints, I'm no fan of this being the situation, but what I was thinking was it may be an unfortunate necessity given that the problem of mass shootings isn't going to go away whether or not the checkpoints are there or not so surely it's best to protect students? So I think it may be unwise to just eliminate the checkpoint requirement without ensuring there is adequate protection in place-how this can be done varies, perhaps districts can get an exemption if they are able to prove they are already adequately protected and/or have an adequate alternative protection in place, or that checkpoints are more strictly defined and have privacy limitations put in place to alleviate the concerns in that area. If you're interested, feel free to PM me to discuss this further and hopefully a solution can be reached on this issue. I do hope the Senate ensures students are safe in their classrooms and should be cautious to avoid jeopardizing that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies